One of Airfix's Finest: Grumman Gosling. Finished.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good barry keep at it , cheers tony

B

Bari

Nearly there, made some engine breathers?, well bits on top of the engines out of clear sprue drilled out. Also some little counterbalances for the elevators. I had to replace the float struts with plastic card as the kits ones were hopeless. The floats are fixed temporally so see how things line up and the props are in the varnish shop.

View attachment 76447

View attachment 76448

035.JPG

037.JPG

J

John Huggins

Looking good Barry, love the add-on's looks well cool.

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on great Barry , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks so much nicer than the one I remember.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nicely Barry.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That is looking very smart Barry, a nice change from the usual schemes.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good. And there is loads of time yet!

Ian M

B

Bari

Thanks, for some reason I was trying to get this finished for the end of the month, a senior moment probably.

B

Bari

Elevator balances fitted, float rigging done, props and pitot tube fitted, also glazed the side windows under the wing with clearfix which after some fiddling worked just fine. Just some general titivating and touching up to do and that's about it. Have removed the masking from the cockpit glazing I found that it was rather fogged. Then I realised that when spraying I hadn't covered the side window openings under the wings and had sprayed the cockpit from the inside. Another senior moment!

View attachment 77029

049.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good Barry . The windows dont look too bad - these float planes are very wet , you could always say they are misted up with the damp! cheers tony

B

Bari

I'm calling this finished now. touched up a few places and started to put the decals on. I had some ones from a Xtrakit kit however whilst the small registration at the rear of the fuselage went on ok the large ones for the wings disintegrated into powder. So as every time I pick it up I seem to break something off I'll call it done. The wooden props didn't come up a nice as I thought they would but they are better than the kit ones. I shall have to practice on them.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well done to you. I helped one of my daughters build this model (she's never touched one since) and know it really is quite a poor kit (that's as polite as I can be about this kit) You've done a great job getting this result.