Opinions sought.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I have a basic idea in my head for a diorama but never having done one before I would like your opinions on the vehicles of choice. I intend to use my digger model loading a tipper truck.
51179791794_932ab07d14_b.jpg
The picture is to give a rough idea of what is proposed. The digger will be sitting up on a pile of dirt loading the truck. I really would like to know if I can get away with using these vehicles as the digger is 1/35 and the truck is 1/32 as there are no 1/35 modern tipper kits to be had. I think it will look OK as diggers come in all sizes in real life so I thought it would be fine but I would value any comments from the experts on here. Sorry for rambling on a bit.

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks good Andy, don't think many would spot the scale difference, I certainly didn't as Paul has rightly commented.

D

Deleted member 5496

Very roughly about 8% in length volume difference so no body will spot that Andy.

I mix 1/72 & 1/76 figures & you cannot spot the difference.

Laurie

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
2.41mm sorry Andy had to get that down a bit quick before I forgot it, this measurement came about after the announcement of 1/35 aircraft being released , im saying nothing on this subject except God here we go again. Anyway if you built a 1/32 me109 and a 1/35 me109 as I understood the discussion the overall difference is 2.41mm enough said ,Laurie mixes 76 with 72 with no visible differences ,to me its more important you don't forget to show where he's loading the bucket from (wider bucket would have been better)and the pile on the floor at the side of the lorry because the digger driver still can't hit the target ,two figures stood in front with ppe cuppa in hand and tabs in mouth would bring it to life looking forward to this. Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
For me its not an issue , whos going to notice if you didnt tell them ? The difference is tiny really , the only way you would see a disparity is if you had two of the same subjects next to each other . Great idea for a dio btw , I keep meaning to have a go at the JCB telehandler toy , if you start this it might give me a push to have a go , cheers tony

First Name
Michael
The weird thing is that when I first looked at the picture, I didn't notice a difference but as soon as I read about it, I could see it straight away. Now I can't NOT see it. Matbe best not to tell anyone?

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you all for your informative support which has given me a real boost so I had better start making a plan. Do not hold your breath, I may be some time. ;)

Andy.