Ouch

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
That got your attention, whilst modelling earlier a knife rolled off my desk and guess what became imbedded in my leg and I started to bleed and it b****y hurt. I'm now changing my knifes, I had some given to me the type with a hexagonal top, didnt use them but now I will, let still hurts, as for my wife all she did was call me an idiot, polite version, she then tended my wound not big but it was deep, a new blade. Oh well.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That got your attention, whilst modelling earlier a knife rolled off my desk and guess what became imbedded in my leg and I started to bleed and it b****y hurt. I'm now changing my knifes, I had some given to me the type with a hexagonal top, didnt use them but now I will, let still hurts, as for my wife all she did was call me an idiot, polite version, she then tended my wound not big but it was deep, a new blade. Oh well.

You do know that's one of the entry requirements needed to become a true mogeller? Others include, but are not limited to: gluing various parts of your anatomy together with superglue, spilling paint/glue on your new carpeting, gluing together the exterior of your kit while the interior sub-assemblies sit there on the bench giggling at you, gluing 'handed' parts to the wrong side of the kit .... the list goes on.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You do know that's one of the entry requirements needed to become a true mogeller? Others include, but are not limited to: gluing various parts of your anatomy together with superglue, spilling paint/glue on your new carpeting, gluing together the exterior of your kit while the interior sub-assemblies sit there on the bench giggling at you, gluing 'handed' parts to the wrong side of the kit .... the list goes on.
Dave ive done all that an like mark stuck a Stanley knife in my leg 6stiches needed an super glue in my eye so I think ive passed the entry requirements needed to become a true mogeller lol
chris

D

Deleted member 7181

Ouch indeed, that had to hurt.

I knocked a knife off the bench not long ago. My instant reaction was to grab it but thankfully thought better of it and it stuck into the floor like a javelin so I can imagine it's effect on flesh!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You boys are sick, Safety First!!:tongue-out3:
YEA I know Rick but at the time I just dint think particularly with the super glue in the eye nr blinded myself as if you think of of all the directions that glue could have gone it went straight into my eye I think id have more luck winnin the lottery than managine that again but this time with safety glasses on lol an was very lucky I dint blind myself accordin to the nurse I see in hospital
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Andy you was very quick thinkin there as it would have been like my leg a bloody mess an that's literall blood on my mum's new carpet I think I got more of a rollickin for that than cutting myself as it happened about 11pm at night an the ole doc wasn't to happy comin out that time of night either
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There must be blood! Happy initiation!
YEA Peter we must all go through the initiation's to be like Dave (gern) said to be true mogglers oh gawd what next I wonder but to me its worth it but as I said before safety glasses an masks its for me now an I hope for all you guys an gals
do as well as ive learned my lessons (the hard way ) over 50 odd yrs of it
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Once, I was trying to pry a part loose from a model and the knife slipped, stabbing into my left thumb, lengthwise just to the left of and behind the nail. It went so quickly that I didn’t even realise it at first and it didn’t actually hurt, so initially I didn’t think anything had happened. Then it started to bleed, and on looking closer, I also found a much smaller wound on the underside of my thumb. Guess I had a lucky escape in that I pulled the knife straight out again instead of it slipping forward.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yep,
Swann Morton scalpel, 10A blade, speared into the top of my foot ( slippers! ), what a lot of blood!!!!!! Made it uncomfortable to lace my shoe up as well!
Dave
YEA Dave I bet you was limpin for a few days after that happened again the ole bloody initiation's ceremony a true moggler now lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Once, I was trying to pry a part loose from a model and the knife slipped, stabbing into my left thumb, lengthwise just to the left of and behind the nail. It went so quickly that I didn’t even realise it at first and it didn’t actually hurt, so initially I didn’t think anything had happened. Then it started to bleed, and on looking closer, I also found a much smaller wound on the underside of my thumb. Guess I had a lucky escape in that I pulled the knife straight out again instead of it slipping forward.
Another true moggler blood was spilled initiation's ceremony passed I think we have all been through one thing or another we'd give a health an saftety rep a conary lol
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've been lucky so far only suffering camoflaged pyjama trousers from paint spill. Learnt from an early age at art school about the usage of cutters and how to break them by pressing down with the thumb. You get better control holding the blade than the handle. Whittling pencils with a blade was good practise. We tied rubber bands on anything that could roll to prevent accidents.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes done the cutting oneself, the best is searching for a part and then finding it stuck to one of your fingers with CA, and the usual sticking the fingers either together on to the bench mat .