Ouch

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Yes done the cutting oneself, the best is searching for a part and then finding it stuck to one of your fingers with CA, and the usual sticking the fingers either together on to the bench mat .
Done that too, I've just come to a conclusion, I'm a modeller, yeah.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I don’t feel qualified having never cut myself or glued anything together!

Perhaps I need to perform a ritual of all these things!
Chris the only ritual you need to do is be carefull an wear protective glasses an masks AN KEEP A GOOD SUPPLY OF PLASTERS says my wife jen an REMEMBER PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
chris

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
My wife has just told me she's going to order this for me, apparently you can get it on Amazon.

SWATUniform3dmodel00.jpg97ab10b2-dc3d-4a92-8d78-729b1c579ddbZoom.jpg

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Been there, done that. Many cuts when doing the R/C stuff, also no fun when you are in the attic workshop with a 1 metre long balsa wing stuck to your hand. Also burned a few fingers with a foam wing cutting wire.:cold-sweat:

Andy.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
My 'war' wounds:
Did you know that a radiator can throw a pair of tweezers back and the aim is so good the pointed ends stick in your arm.
Carving a 'hump' for the rear cockpit on a two seat fuselage for a TA-7 Corsair, laminated plastic and the scalpel got a little stuck, gave it an extra lump of muscle and sliced my index finger from the top side of the nail to the middle knuckle up the finger and a quarter of an inch in - good job it was a new blade.
Put a tack hammer on top of the display cabinet, height about 6 feet, bent down and pulled the top drawer open, hammer jumped and attacked me right on the back of the head.
I now do my modelmaking in a better environment....
ebola_3502519b.jpg
Notice the tickling stick appearing in the right of the picture....

Mike.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
After reading all of these a thought has come to mind, are we all safe to be left on our own, mmm........

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Now you know why Matron is with us, she will give you a good dose of whatever you need, (whether you need it or not) so SWMBO doesn't have to!:tongue-out::tongue-out2::tongue-out3:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Painful!

I use a Tamiya blade holder which has a chunky tab on the side to stop it rolling.
My other blade holders are always tucking into a cocktail stick plastic holder after each use, which is because 1 of our four cats is ALWAYS helping me model, so I have to be as safe as possible.

IMG_20190227_152643.jpg
I also use naked blades to scribe 1/35 figures and superglue for all these nicks I get too!

Enjoy but be safe

Steve H

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What's that thing growing in your plant pot Steve?

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Dave

A very weary Jade plant which has since died and been replaced by a much healthier specimen.

Even this morning, I've had to chase Daisy off my desk!

She steals anything she can pick up!

Steve H

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Jade plants aren't easy to maintain...just don't know how much water it needs.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
After reading all of these a thought has come to mind, are we all safe to be left on our own, mmm........
If you ask my wife that question you would have been deafed by the NOOOO!!!

An that would be the answer from my missus as well like she says cant leave you anywhere without you doin something what im goin to do with you an she watches a lot of murder investegation programs on the telly ? LOL :smiling:

Now you know why Matron is with us, she will give you a good dose of whatever you need, (whether you need it or not) so SWMBO doesn't have to!:tongue-out::tongue-out2::tongue-out3:
Painful!

I use a Tamiya blade holder which has a chunky tab on the side to stop it rolling.
My other blade holders are always tucking into a cocktail stick plastic holder after each use, which is because 1 of our four cats is ALWAYS helping me model, so I have to be as safe as possible.

View attachment 372821
I also use naked blades to scribe 1/35 figures and superglue for all these nicks I get too!

Enjoy but be safe

Steve H

YEA Steve i get that from our cat snowball she just comes up an plonks herself down right where im workin an generaly gets in the way of me tryin to work so its a few coches an a belly rub an i then move her off but its not long before she is back then off we go again oooohhhhhh little devil
chris an snowball

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Steve
Daisy has got nothing on Polly......
BE444AE3-C31C-4284-9E5A-445FE5F38046.jpeg
not only can she defy gravity (don’t know how I did this....) she jumps on my table and drinks my painting water.....when I’m working. She doesn’t just stick her head in it either, she dips her paw in repeatedly and drinks the water from that.....just like Arthur off of the old TV ads....it’s got so bad now that I have to put the fragile stuff to the back of the desk at night and refil the glass. If I don’t she howls in the middle of the night until I do.....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Gawrd I think its right we don't own the cats they own us an we are their slaves :smiling: chris

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Gawrd I think its right we don't own the cats they own us an we are their slaves :smiling: chris

Servants would be the right title LOL

4 cats, 2 human servants, its a tough life!

Off to clear the litter as one of them has left a deposit!

The others only howl until its cleaned, even though we have 3 trays!

Steve H

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
What do you mean go out on our own, are you really outside.... I do not think we have been allowed out for years or worse left alone. More meds please nurse.... :upside:.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Servants would be the right title LOL

4 cats, 2 human servants, its a tough life!

Off to clear the litter as one of them has left a deposit!

The others only howl until its cleaned, even though we have 3 trays!

Steve H
YEA you are right Steve that's it we are servants for the felin terros an I think you will have to buy a 4th litter tray so they all have one each :smiling:
chris ps anyone eles stabbed or cut themselves yet :smiling: