Ouch

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
If you ask my wife that question you would have been deafed by the NOOOO!!!
I have a SWMBO that likes to think she keeps me in line, that's what she thinks, and I can tell her exactly what I think, when I have my head firmly buried in the pillow.....

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
What do you mean go out on our own, are you really outside.... I do not think we have been allowed out for years or worse left alone. More meds please nurse.... :upside:.
Who said anything about outside, I said left on our own, just a small point. :smiling:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Servants would be the right title LOL

4 cats, 2 human servants, its a tough life!

Off to clear the litter as one of them has left a deposit!

The others only howl until its cleaned, even though we have 3 trays!

Steve H
Try living with a Basset Hound who if not asleep is thieving, and a Beagle/Basset cross that has the full Beagle temperament who treats you as her private play thing...

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's O.K. Mike, the warehouses were full of Chinese imports that recently arrived and Matron ordered it disinfected for the Corona virus!!

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I have so far remained reasonably free from harm, and the wife has her own HazMat suit from the Ebola outbreak which I could wear should the need arise.

Managed to cut my thumb open with a blade, decide the part I was gluing was too critical to leave my station, continued on with one opposable digit then superglued the part to the damaged thumb, neatly closing the wound. Cyanide is a safe material, yes?

On Saturday I washed my acrylic brush in my latte, forgot I'd done it then drank the coffee. Tasty, amazed Costa haven't added paint to their mixers.

Back in the day when I was a cabinet maker, I was cutting 2mm MDF with a Stanley knife, slipped and stabbed myself in the, er, left one of which we gentlemen have two (I have also ironed my, er, thing of which we gentlemen have one).

As my wife is a nurse, I have no chance of sympathy or treatment should something go wrong, so I'm extra careful these days.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yep,
Swann Morton scalpel, 10A blade, speared into the top of my foot ( slippers! ), what a lot of blood!!!!!! Made it uncomfortable to lace my shoe up as well!
Dave
Done exactly the same. Only it was a hot day and I had not put my slippers on. So now hot or not it's on with the sheep skin "safety" shoes.
Another 'nice one' when clipping piano wire hold the littlest end or better still put a bit of tape over it before cutting. I had a bit fly off and plant itself in my forehead!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Another 'nice one' when clipping piano wire hold the littlest end or better still put a bit of tape over it before cutting. I had a bit fly off and plant itself in my forehead!
That reminds me of the time I was using a small stapler for something model-related (I don’t remember what it was now :sad:). I had it folded open with the lower “anvil” half out of the way, picked it up and somehow put enough pressure on the top part to shoot a staple out … straight into my thumb. That’s a very odd sight, to see a staple neatly embedded in your flesh, and an even odder feeling having to use some tweezers to pull it out again.