OZ-ooMS Tallgeese (1/100 Bandai Gundam MasterGrade)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Wouter
That looks great. A perfect canvas for your weathering magic.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very smart but way too tidy! Get it dirty my good man:tongue-out2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderfully tidy build Wouter. Cant wait to see the weathering. I know it will take some time but the difference will be awesome. Good luck mate:thumb2::thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice Wouter...careful with the weathering, I heard somewhere that certain Gundams are made of an alloy that doesn't rust. Don't know if yours is one of them. It didn't say though that the paintwork was any good. If WW2 Japanese planes paintwork chipped badly, I guess it would be the same for this even in Gundam town.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good mate.
John

First Name
Wouter
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, glad you like it ^^

@chris: not much to show, I'm busy with the pinwash, but unlike a regular pinwash I'm using the Marijn van Gils technique where you paint the shadows in stead of capillary action. Much more timeconsuming. I've been working on it for 3+ hours and not even in half :D

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Excuse the Hi-jack Wouter,
However after seeing this build I've decided to take the plunge and have a go at a bit of 'Gunpla'...so i bought myself these a few days ago,

IMG_2001.jpg

Hg00-exia.jpg

I'm gonna have a crack at the 'Guncannon' first, although i'm thinking about changing the 'colour' of it.. to a more 'Desert battleground' camouflage ...
(but hey, isn't that what modelling's about... find something to build and do it your way.. my apologies to the Gunpla Gods and purists ..)...
So i'm gonna start throwing a bit of paint around tomorrow...

Last edited:
First Name
Wouter
Hi Chris, glad you made the plunge into Gunpla. Saw your very first finished one on FB and I was very pleased with the outcome, well done!

Today was a bit of 'shelfqueen day' :D

Well, been working on it for a couple of days/weeks on and off now - so not only today :D
Prior to weathering we need chipping... A LOT...I was afraid I overdone it but when I look at it now at the photos I think it's quite restrained for my doing. Probably heavy chipping for most Gunpla enthousiasts but I think it's not too much so far. On the real fun now ^^

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Wouter,
That’s some real delicate chipping...nice work :thumb2:

First Name
Ross
Wouter

Catching up with all your old builds tonight, I have a couple of Gundam in the stash, that I will get around to building one day I guess. Looking good.

cheers
Ross

First Name
Wouter
Well, it has been more than a years since I touched Tallgeese and 6 months+ since I did some actual modelling. But with the housemove out of the way and the hobby room installed I finally managed to take out some shelf queens. One of them being Tallgeese indeed :hungry:.
The shield of Tallgeese was painted last year and I decided to add just one decal instead of a plethory of decals as mentioned in the instructions. Yesterday I applied some chipping. This is a battlescared Mobile Suit, so the shield had to suit it.
Tallgeese (33).jpg
I always found that the chipping on Tallgeese was ok, but it lacked something. I decided to adjust it and add some more. I also gave a part a different color than I had painted before, can you spot the difference? :smiling:
Tallgeese (35bis).jpg
Probably the heavy chipping will not be to everyones taste but I'm fairly happy with it. Ready for weathering now. (My photoboot isn't up and running yet so had to do with less lights, clearly shows :rolling:.

Cheers

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Wouter
Glad the house move is sorted.
That shield looks good and the chipping looks fine in my opinion. Battlescared :thumb2:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you settled in your new home and back at the bench. Do you have a dedicated room for modelling now? Nice to see some of the shelf queens back on parade. Good luck with the weathering

First Name
Wouter
Hi Jim, glad you like the chipping mate, thanks ^^

Mister Jones! I sure have a dedicated modelling room now, about 12 square metres, and the left wall has an in built cupboard over the entire length and height of the room :tongue-out3:.

Bit of progress. I painted the long distance weapon of Tallgeese: the Dober Gun. It's quite a nice assembly with even a working recoil mechanism, which - as with Dragon's Tiger tanks - is quite useless for a static model I think. Some filling and sanding were done over the last couple of weeks and today the paint came out of the airbrush:

For the parts: - gun main body/breach: Tamiya XF-63 German Grey
- Gun barrel: Mr. Color H68 Dark Grey
- small gun barrel piece (:nerd:): Mr. Color 324 Light Grey
- Gun Sight: Tamiya X-3 Royal Blue
After that the Dober Gun was assembled and final tiny pieces were added. I gave it a light wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper. Tomorrow I hope I can can spray the clearcoat and add the decals.
But just to show the main gun, a photo:
Tallgeese (37).jpg
Quite handy: those different styles of finger parts you get in the kit. You can model the Tallgeese with closed hands, fingers open, or fingers around a part like the Dober Gun or the swords/shield.

I also painted the pilot of Tallgeese: a chap called Zechs Merquise. He's quite tiny :rolling:. Vallejo paints were used. I'll clearcoat him as well next time and add some pinwashes. If I don't forget it I will make a photo of the figure next to a real life object just to show how small the chap is.
Tallgeese (36).jpg

Cheers

Reactions: JR