Ozdell's 1/87 scale Ro, Ro ship Coroan Sea build

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
AN Tony just a after thought I hope you have an upright bench drill because with out one you will not be able to drill the holes for the hull joint as these holes have to be very presise or the bolts wont line up with the holes in the hull joint
chris

Hi Chris that is what I will do then buy a drill vice to fit my drill, Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Some more update pic of the stern section build, starboard side of the ship, stern rope room windows , need to add side rope rollers below the bigger windows for the ropes will come later,

Nest week will make a start on the third and final section of the ship, can't wait too see all the hull sections joined up being a long build indeed .

20200424_092307.jpgIMG_1072.jpg

Will have to put some plus on the pic to get a better view of the rope window where the crew member is hanging out of is what I want to achieve, have a lot of work still on the two stern ramps, one good thing ids I can take the ramps off to work on them, be hard once the third section is glues to the stern section .

I then be able to work on the stern ramp up to the upper deck as part of the ramp finishes in the third section .

Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Chris, I will make a jig for my dremel drill to drill pilot hole first before drilling a bigger hole.

Haven't started on the last section build will tomorrow night, will glue in place the two end bulkheads , so I can join up all the sections, the side plates on the side of the ull sections is 2 mm thick , really 3 mm thick as I glues in place to support each bulkhead 1 mm cardboard strips between each bulkhead.

How are you and your wife going, the government are starting to ease restrictions over here, some retail shops opening in time for mothers day.

Take care Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I will make a jig for my dremel drill to drill pilot hole first before drilling a bigger hole.

Haven't started on the last section build will tomorrow night, will glue in place the two end bulkheads , so I can join up all the sections, the side plates on the side of the ull sections is 2 mm thick , really 3 mm thick as I glues in place to support each bulkhead 1 mm cardboard strips between each bulkhead.

How are you and your wife going, the government are starting to ease restrictions over here, some retail shops opening in time for mothers day.

Take care Tony
HI Tony I sent you an email in answer to post
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony I sent you an email in answer to post
chris

Hi Chris could you please resend that email, did,t arrive, sometimes outlook plays up.

Many thanks Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tony how long is the length of throw on your stern ramps ? that from upright down to flat on the ground ?
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony how long is the length of throw on your stern ramps ? that from upright down to flat on the ground ?
chris

Hi Chris , yes got measurements and pics that will blow you away .

Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The final hull section is well under way, I hope to finish end of June early July, going to look stunning joining the four sections together, I think fist started 2015 ,got onto the company that first owned the ship DSDF and they put my onto the ships captain, he has being a great help with plans and pics along the way.

20200609_100700.jpg Pics one and two the
main deck the end of the closed in stair case, door access is further down, haven't got any pics of talking near the side .

Main deck stair case.jpg20200609_100707.jpg
Pics three and four showing what I am working on the upper deck on the single ramp from main deck at the stern ramp

tor_corona_2007_inr_011.jpg90920819_610832389506390_7521883921789747200_n.jpg

Final pic show the next bulkhead will start the top deck, can see a steps on the port side access to upper deck, working out very will indeed, am thinking of rebuilding the bow section not a 100 percent happy with the way one side turned out.. the bridge and crew quarters be on a separate build so I can use it for the second RC build..

Today is turning out to be a fine day so I can complete the bridge beam sides and all goes well add on the arch, need to make a jig to get the centre of the arch lined up on the rail deck for the dowel hangers to be fitted, can't wait .

Tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great progress and great pics also. Tip 'o the hat to the Cap'n for providing such vital information. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NICE work Tony comin on great an what Rick said above lets see some more pics
chris

First Name
Martin
Hi guys, thanks to Chris putting me onto the great Fine Scale forum I am modelling the ship out of 1 mm cardboard sheeting be a static model on my new HO scale garden railway at the planning stage, have moved to a new address,was able to bing my layout as well, that be a different post .

The ship is a Swedish owned and a Chinese design I fell in love with the design and had to model it,,with the help of the first owners DFDC , they helped me get the the DWG ship plans and I was under a few years back.

The ship is in 4 sections , she is just over 7 feet in length and 305 mm beam, the cardboard sheeting work out nicely, I have finished the bow section but thinking of rebuilding now happy with the finish and the second section built, am working on the stern section I think even harder build especially to do with stern door hydraulic arms, so any ideas be great, would love to have working rams be awesome, help needed there.

After this post I will be posting pics of the ship under construction , and yes plan to build a second R/C version , she is a stunning ship indeed, something different , has 4 decks with ramps on each deck, I too will be adding led lighting especially the main mast has those navigation lights in different colours, need help there as well.

Can't wait to get started.

Tony from SE/QLD down under
Be interesting to see your HO scale garden railway. Mine is G scale with LGB and Piko locos
Martin

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Be interesting to see your HO scale garden railway. Mine is G scale with LGB and Piko locos
Martin

HI Martin, where will your layout be , I think I am the only Australian modelling HO scale in garden railway, a couple of days back the layout nearly got scrapped, I said no to my wife, put too much effort into the layout and sadly having to shift stopped the construction work getting aback into it.

Not tomorrow going to be a wet Sunday Monday is a better day, working on my bridge, long span indeed, hope to screw the the top arch in place and drill a few holes for the arch hangers to support the bridge deck.

I do own one ) scale loco , it is 61 years old and still works a Hornby clock work loco, I plan to buy new set track for it to run on the patio .

Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Martin lovely railway but could you please put on full size pics as im on windows 10 an when I make the pic big its all cut off all you have to do is hit full size button nxt to thumb nail pics
chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Chris, hold the Ctrl key down and use your mouse wheel to zoom in or out.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, hold the Ctrl key down and use your mouse wheel to zoom in or out.
Pete
HI Pete THANKS for info but on my pc it don't work all its done has brought all the letterin up in a gaint size
chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Pete THANKS for info but on my pc it don't work all its done has brought all the letterin up in a gaint size
chris
OK, must be something in your display settings.
Pete

First Name
Martin
Is the max resolution 5mb for photos? That was a 10mb photo from a camera,I reduced the size to post it. I will try and get some better shots. I am using a Mac.
Martin