Ozdell's 1/87 scale Ro, Ro ship Coroan Sea build

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Not an easy thing to replicate those angles Tony with out any plans, think your doing a sterling job .
Hi John, many thanks, I found I made the second window panel a mm out, was able to start all over again completing the port side real windows, this time glued in the panel then glued the clear panel in after, worked out much betty, pretty happy wish I had proper scale drawing, so long as the model is as close as I can get .

Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony about window angles i made my self a template to use against the bridge then put the window frame to that way you get them all at the correct angle an yes i know i have plans but as you hav'nt you will have to guess the angle an then make a template as thats how i did on my tiger an they came out ok to me thats the easy soluition
Hi Chris, how are you going yeah what I actually did too make up templates, , will use on the starboard side only at the end and two panels , I used the measurements of the comp deck with the bridge floor how I got the angles, 22 mm's difference. There is a window sill run along 3 quarters of the window panels on the inside that helped me as well and can use the same on the front window panels, glad to get the bridge u the way I might leave the fitting out of the bridge till later.
Take care Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI TONY how goes the bridge build as from what i see its getting there hope you had a good xmas an lets hope for a better new yr
chris
HI Chris, I haven't done much work on the ships bridge, being busy doing research on my newest hobby, keep an eye on your email on a high , tonight I hope to get stuck into the starboard side window panels .
How was your Christmas, do well from Santa , take care Tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Windows looking good Tony.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Tony how's it goin on this bridge build then an can we see a shot of the whole model to see what you got so far as im havin difficulties tryin to imagine what the finshed model will be like
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony how's it goin on this bridge build then an can we see a shot of the whole model to see what you got so far as im havin difficulties tryin to imagine what the finished model will be like
chris
Hi Chris, thanks the ship's bridge is coming along have glued in place two window panels of the starboard side , more work continuing on Saturday night , I need to contact the captain he is on board now , need detail pics of the interior to get it right.
Your Tiger is even a harder build o my ship more detail , look forward to more progress pics of the funnel builds, I feel the same way too .
Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
TONY more pics please
chris
Hi Chris, have glued in place the starboard side rear window panel and started marking out where the interior fitting be going on the floor .
20210116_205930.jpg20210117_201110.jpg20210116_205930.jpg

Top pic of starboard side and last pic of what i am working on, as far as I have gone, more work on Saturday night .
Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Tony your bridge looks good keep at it an you will get there an hope your eye is better but what up with it ?
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony your bridge looks good keep at it an you will get there an hope your eye is better but what up with it ?
chris
Hi Chris, thanks, haven't done any work on the bridge will tonight , talk about my eye on an email, too much to say on the post. Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Have finely made a start on the starboard side interior furniture, nearly finished, took a bit to get started, would of being nice if I had proper plans to goby instead of just using pics, do have a floor plan rest is guessed, working out ok .

Pic one the first interior furniture starboard side , flat area close to the star case is the access door to outside, I still have to cut that out , will see more in the last pic of that doo, not sure what those doors are called, have to drill a hole through and glue in clear plastic like a port hole. I still have to cut out the three cupboard door on is First Aid

20210209_164126.jpg

Second pic , of the real interior and third pic of the outside shelving

received_740985076621677.jpg

20210210_085636.jpg

Final pic of where I am working and have finished can more onto the middle deck divider wall, more progress work tomorrow night should finish that area, need to office chairs is HO scale, any ideas. Tony

Attachments

• received_1122221801624609.jpg
    received_1122221801624609.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 2

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress on the interior......not having to work from plans allows you a little room to use your creative talents to build it even better! :thumb2: Rick H.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Nice progress on the interior......not having to work from plans allows you a little room to use your creative talents to build it even better! :thumb2: Rick H.
Hi Rick, many thanks how are you going yeah agree , have finely finished the interior furniture starboard side at long last, still have a set of doors to mark out and fit, that can wait till later, swing to the port side furniture be a bit harder. I am on a high because I decided to check the measurements mainly the height , and to my surprise got it right ,my work deck is 30 inches high works out 8 mm to scale, pretty happy there.
Take care Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Railroad furniture in HO scale should get you what you want. Walthers, Reynaulds, etc. PaulE
Hi PaulE I have being looking on eBay come across some guy that prints out 3/D model office chairs to scale, not quite right,, I am on the search for a F/7,8,9 class cabs as the seats are what I am looking for. Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
At long last the starboard interior furniture is nearly finished, want to switch over the port side, being a lot harder, like a challenge20210211_214443.jpg20210211_214456.jpg

Second last and last pic looking at that access door to the bridge deck I will drill a hole and ad on the outside a sheet of clear plastic and other side what is the wheel house, at least it be a lot easier to the older ships, final pic, ,my door wont open too much work.

received_740985076621677.jpg

61132101_421044222075551_5451660859929526272_n.jpg

Tony from down under