Ozdell's 1/87 scale Ro, Ro ship Coroan Sea build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tony below in the rough quick drawing is how i see your bridge layout all it seems to me i that your top bridge floor is cut too short so you will have too extend the bridge floor right up to the main S/S front an there you will have your walkway an then as i say in the diogram extend the small bridge over hang an fit supports gussets underneath any way the diogram its not a 100% right as i havnt got a top veiw of your bridge hope this helps you
chris IMG_6129.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Tony lookin again at your main bridge pic of your build you have gone a bit wrong this is not criisuim of your build its just an observation but you have cut the bridge floor right where the the front bridge windows will be where as really you should have taken the foor right to the front of the main S/S an that would be your walkway an then just built the bridge window up on the floor sorry i dont mean to be rude here
chris

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony below in the rough quick drawing is how i see your bridge layout all it seems to me i that your top bridge floor is cut too short so you will have too extend the bridge floor right up to the main S/S front an there you will have your walkway an then as i say in the diogram extend the small bridge over hang an fit supports gussets underneath any way the diogram its not a 100% right as i havnt got a top veiw of your bridge hope this helps you
chris View attachment 414512
Hi Chris, great drawing, here is a plan of my ships bridge and I am pretty right console doesn't stick out that far, what do you reckon the walk way be 10 mm in HO scale, sadly doesn't show on the plan

20210220_204235.jpg

I am waiting for the captain to re-join Jutlandia Sea first week of March, he said he will take those needed pics, just looking at the plan the yellow line past the window is the walkway Tony from down under

Last edited:

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
YEA Tony lookin again at your main bridge pic of your build you have gone a bit wrong this is not criisuim of your build its just an observation but you have cut the bridge floor right where the the front bridge windows will be where as really you should have taken the foor right to the front of the main S/S an that would be your walkway an then just built the bridge window up on the floor sorry i dont mean to be rude here
chris
Hi Chris, will be taking Rick's and your advice on the walkway hand rails, got a very good pic of the sister ship owned by Finish company Finbreeze, not keep to put thr pic because of copyright can't see any marks not taking the chance, will send you an email Chris . I replaced the bad window panel looks dam good, in the first pic I forgot to line up the centre mark out a few mm's and can see all the decks, I still have to brace up the cross beams . At the end can see the walkway access to the accommodation deck a set of steps on both levels .

20210220_123858.jpg20210220_123951.jpg20210220_124124.jpg

Last two pics of the bridge in place , heaps of work still ahead , getting there , a couple of hot days coming up and rain after that, wont get much of a chance to get back to the layout, went down to the shed before tea and marked where the fist station module be going. Tony from down under on a high

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK Tony but in your second pic you have got to to add the deck right up to the front main S/S so two big holes to cover over if you get my meaning but its comin on well
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
OK Tony but in your second pic you have got to to add the deck right up to the front main S/S so two big holes to cover over if you get my meaning but its comin on well
chris
Hi Chris, yeah I will be cutting out the roof pretty soon as I finish the bridge construction , the bridge be glued too so I can have access to the LED lighting, the actually cabin windows are that flush windows like on locos be fun to cut out and fit with out making too much mess, the windows wont be clear type.
Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WEL Tony from what i can see is if you extend the bridge floor to the front of the main S/S you will be right as from what i can see looking at the ship pic the walkway is not raised off the deck all i can see is the walkway bein difined by the railing an tryin to fit the window glass in flush well you will need to do it on each window an thats where ive always come unstuck as there may be glue smearded onto the glass so i just fit one long lenght in side the bridge an glue lightly top an bottom an yes my glass is a light green acetate as ships have this colour fitted to cut down the suns glare off the sea but good luck on fitting the windows flush as remember Tony it only takes one tiny little glue smear to ruin the whole bridge an on my warships the glass is set back in the frames as its toughened glass to withstand nrby exsploshions
chris

ps tony another bit im a bit confused on is what you said below
(tony quote)
the bridge be glued too so I can have access to the LED lighting,

SO tony if you glue the bridge glued do you mean down to the deck if so how will you have access to the LEDS ? as im missing something in your thinking here again Tony sorry dont mean to be rude
chris

Last edited:

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
WEL Tony from what i can see is if you extend the bridge floor to the front of the main S/S you will be right as from what i can see looking at the ship pic the walkway is not raised off the deck all i can see is the walkway bein difined by the railing an tryin to fit the window glass in flush well you will need to do it on each window an thats where ive always come unstuck as there may be glue smearded onto the glass so i just fit one long lenght in side the bridge an glue lightly top an bottom an yes my glass is a light green acetate as ships have this colour fitted to cut down the suns glare off the sea but good luck on fitting the windows flush as remember Tony it only takes one tiny little glue smear to ruin the whole bridge an on my warships the glass is set back in the frames as its toughened glass to withstand nrby exsploshions
chris

ps tony another bit im a bit confused on is what you said below
(tony quote)
the bridge be glued too so I can have access to the LED lighting,

SO tony if you glue the bridge glued do you mean down to the deck if so how will you have access to the LEDS ? as im missing something in your thinking here again Tony sorry dont mean to be rude
chris
Hi Chris, what I mean is if you look at that pic, I should of said that the roof panel that fits inside, the actual bridge be glued to that panel so them I will have access to LED lights if I fit them in. That is ok didn't explain it well , a hell of a lot of work still ahead , I will have a break off the ship build, probably work on the bridge tomorrow as it is going to be a stinker or of a day 40 degrees outside, worked on the spitfire blow you away just posted some update pics , Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Here is the question confusing pic again, the roof panel that fits flush underneath bridge be glued to that panel, will keep the bridge in place as well will lift out for access.

20210220_123951.jpg

I have some fixing up to do on below the rope room near where the anchor fits, didn't match well, luckily with cardboard can be an easy fix do that job later.
Tony from hot down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Finely closed in to roof of the front accommodation deck , can lift the bridge out when working on the bridge .

20210226_224023.jpg20210227_093242.jpg20210227_093310.jpg20210227_093607.jpg20210227_112034.jpg

The lucky last pic of the main deck, I had trouble getting a square length od dowel out of the keel was to large lifting up the deck, was happy indeed, I now can finish off the bow section upper deck and top deck, plan to wire in led lighting , on a big high ., Tony from down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The starboard bridge wing is nearly finished, tonight will work on the front window sill and make the console panel for the bow thrusters will finish that side the bridge and continue on working around the center bridge window panels, plus start work on the main bridge console control panels

20210313_213655.jpg20210313_213808.jpg20210313_213817.jpg95329352_10222777135639349_1750533428949811200_n.jpg

Just noticed a great pic of the walkway in front of the port side bridge wing , going to be a challenge making the walkways be so much wastage in cutting the stanchions and supports in full piece

Tony from cloudy and wet down under

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
At least you have an excellent idea as to how tall they are. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Comin on Tony you are getting there on that bridge. Question when you have built this ship will it be left out with your railway or picked up an brought inside ?
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
At least you have an excellent idea as to how tall they are. :thumb2: Rick H.
Hi Rick, I got the upper to top deck height measurements and divided by 87 came to 68 mm, lose 12 mm for deck framing still enough trailer height clearance and used that scale for the rest of the ship except the main deck where I added another 10mm's , what are you talking about how tall are they is it the figures, based on HO scale which is in19mm tall , very hard in finding merchant sea man figures, any idea be a big help.. I want to get an office in white probable have to paint one to look like my ship captain friend . How are you going Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Comin on Tony you are getting there on that bridge. Question when you have built this ship will it be left out with your railway or picked up an brought inside ?
chris
Hi Chris, no wont last a night, will go inside , be in two pieces not 4 at the moment, once the decks are completed will join them up, will have to buy a shelf to put the ship on as she be a model in her own right, built by me., how are you going , keep an eye out for your email . Tony.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The ships main console is now well under way , took a bit to get going though , cutting out the end pieces that make up the shape of the main console, hard just going by looking at pics getting there .

20210407_085522.jpg20210407_085531.jpg

One the console is finished I can tidy it up , trying to figure if I can print onto clear plastic, talking about the screens there is four, to do with weather and sea lanes coming into port .

20210407_085547.jpgjutlandia-sea-imo-9395355-am-69442  s.jpg

Here is th best pic I have seen of Jutlandia Sea with a full container load , I can do the same , looking at modelling different loads and port tractors , not just the ship I am modelling . Tony from sunny down under

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Keep up the good work Tony.........it's getting there. Rick H. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Tony.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Coming on nicely Tony.

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, many thanks, more work one on the outer console the first corner, wasn't easy , takes a log out of yar indeed but worth it , how was Easter , nice blue sky again with that nit in the wind winter not far away. I be making the most of the nice weather working on the layout lots to do and the developers are starting work on the second stage of our estate , see an enervator started digging out the dirt ,I can make a bit more nose now, a lot of cutting . Tony