P-38M Night Lightning 1/48 Academy 'Completed'

T

treyzx10r

I'm calling this one finished,not a terrible kit but nothing to rave about either. My biggest complaint would be the gear bays and doors.Very poor fit and lack of positive location for the doors. I did scratch in a last minute landing light on the nose gear and decided to leave off the rockets and just have the bare rails. The variations in the black do'nt show well in the pics but it is there. Warts and all I'm actually pretty pleased with it, cheers Trey

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Beautiful Trey, just beautiful. All the work you did on the paint has paid real dividends.

5 well earned stars mate.

That figure in the last shop is great, looks almost real, LOL

Tony.

P

Polux

Fantastic work! Very clean model, 5 stars from me too Trey.

Cheers. Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So many shades of black. who would of thought! Excellent work Trey.

Five stars from me.

So how about the Window to park next to it.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Really nicely done Trey. It's not easy to do "black" realistically. Yours looks great and the variations do show in some photos,you don't want them to be in your face anyway. Subtle,and I reckon you've nailed it.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work trey , the finish and variations in the colour are great , 5 star job , cheers tony

T

tecdes

Nice model Trey.

Good photos as black is the most difficult to portray as so many details are lost. Very difficult to get any shadow which gives the detail & three dimensions. Your lighting has been able to pick both these out & show your model at it's best. Nice job all the way round.

Laurie

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Trey you turned that one around very quickly a great finish and the pre-shading really paid off 5*.

Vaughan

C

Caledonia

Sorry completely missed this one Trey, love the paint finish you always achieve on your models - 5 Star from me too. Derek

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

You're all too kind ,thanks very much for all the comments! More twin boom Blackness to come stay tuned!