P-47 m

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As above from the 61st fighter squadron of the 56th fighter group (8th airforce). This is Witold "Lanny" Lanowski's HV*Z. I've finished it in black. The aircraft were delivered to the ETO in a natural metal finish and the upper surfaces sprayed here. There is a lot of hot air on the internet about this colour. Three pilots (Kyler,Bast and Lanowski himself) are on record saying the aircraft were flat black and that's good enough for me. I don't believe that paint was mixed to match anybody's dinner jacket and nor does Kyler!

Cheers

Steve

View attachment 18832

View attachment 18833

View attachment 18834

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
:D :Dlooking great,steve.Is this the revell 1/72 scale kit,ive heard its a little gem?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hasegawa 1/32.It's actually not quite finished,still needs a little weathering and the canopy hood is not fixed. I'm working away for a while and thought I'd get the piccies while the weather was decent. I'd do some close up but I simply can't take a decent photo! Same problem with the NMF underside. I couldn't get a photo,in the sun, that looked anything like the appearance to the naked eye. I used good old Alclad and it's quite reflective. I only have a "holiday snapshot" kind of camera and am certainly no photographer. The base is the top of an old washing machine!!!

Cheers

Steve

N

NRD417

A P-47 in black? - Nice!

Gonna have to build me one of those.