P-51B and a Ju 87 in italian service

B

BigZimmo

Hi all!!!

Something new from my workbench. This week I finished two 1/72-Kits. A P-51B an a Ju 87 B-2.

At first the P-51B from HobbyBoss. It's Capt. Gentile's famous "Shangri La".

I like these easy assembly kits because you can build a really good looking model in a short time.

View attachment 60959

View attachment 60960

View attachment 60961

View attachment 60962

View attachment 60963

View attachment 60964

View attachment 60965

View attachment 60966

P-51.jpg

P-51 01.jpg

P-51 02.jpg

P-51 03.jpg

P-51 04.jpg

P-51 05.jpg

P-51 06.jpg

P-51 07.jpg

Last edited:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Stefan some great builds with subtle weathering. I don't know how you get such a great finish at such a small scale I think I will stick to 1/32. Both deserve 5*

B

BigZimmo

Hi Vaughan!!!

Thank you very much. Your commendation makes me glad.

To achieve a finish like these I only use dilute oil paint and pastels.

At first I bring the oil paint on the model with a brush. With a kind of makeup pad I wipe across the model surface, so the oil paint still remains into the panel lines and gives a little weathering to the surface.

After that I create some details like exhaust plumes and gunshot residues with different pastels. And that's all!!

Hope my poor english is somewhat understandable?!:rolleyes:

Have a good weekend

Stefan :redface:

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely lovely jobs at this scale. The finish is spot on and way beyond my eye sight nowadays! Great weathering effects without overdoing it and a couple of really interesting and different subjects.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Love both the Mustang and the Stuka, Stefan. Great work and well weathered.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great work on both aircraft Stefan. I got some oil paints for Christmas, I'll have to get them out and give it a go after seeing what you've done.

Top marks mate.

Tony.

B

BigZimmo

Yeah, Tony....you will see that it's very easy but effective. But don't forget to seal the model with a clear coat before. For sealing I use "Klear". To dilute the oil paint I use lighter fluid.

Klear will not dissolved by lighter fluid.

Greetings

Stefan :smiling3:

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They are Two lovely builds. In fact it was not until I saw the giant fingers in the last picture I would never have guessed that they are 1/72 scale.

As for your English its pretty darn good!!

Five stars for each of the aircraft, (and four for the English lol )

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

very nice job there mate, well done, as for your english, it is a million times better than my german and my favourite band are rammstein lol.... listen to them all the time and can hardly say a single word