P-51D "Petie" 1:33 Halinski

J

Johnny

Hmmm......I guess it's glued to that small shelf :smiling3:

I will continue that build at a later time.....

J

Johnny

I did have some second thoughts about the next section after the cockpit.

As I see it , it's vital that it alignes with all panel lines and markings on the top and sides.

First I assembled the inner structure

next I did was to connect the two following sections with it's connecting strip,making thel align perfectly all way around.

Then I could glue it onto the cockpit section with perfect control of the lines and fit.

And as we can see from the next pictures the alignment is near perfect.

Next was to insert the framepart and glue it where it belonged and close the remaining gap at the bottom.Then I mounted the lower side panels.

Next section is the one with the tailwheel and tailfins.

Many parts to be cutted and assembled.

Just put some parts together to have a look

J

Johnny

Continuing the tail.

The tailstructure is glued to the frame

Next section is preshaped

And glued in place

And the last skin is in place.

The tailfin continues.....

J

Johnny

The tail is almost done,just some small parts in the slot where the rudder will go.Then I can start on the rudder and vertical stabilizers.

L

Lips McGee

Utterly remarkable. You really are an artist with this stuff.

J

Johnny

Thanks Mike!

It's easier than it looks :smiling3:

A few thoughts about metal print....it sure looks really good!!

But there are a few drawbacks....

Everything become visible....there are nowhere to hide errors...and I do a lot of them...not the biggest but the small ones that would have been invisible on a normal print.Well error might be the wrong word, but inaccuracy is more right.And those inaccuracies becomes very visible with the macro lense and the spot lighting.

The rudder.Drawing

Inner framework

The skins had to be formed before gluing and it's kind of picky work to get this joints nicely done.

Here I have glued one side to the rudder

And the skins are on.

The side facing forward had some flips to be joined.I found it a bit hard to get this niceely done,but it's invisible after the rudder is mounted...so I let it pass

The rudder put loosely on.It won't be glued in place before I have the radio antenna going from the top of the tailfin through the canopy and onto the pilots seat...So to have a chance of getting it straight it will be tightened up through the tailfin after glued in front.

Now on to the vertical stabilizers..

J

Johnny

The horizontal stabilizers.

The drawing. Also a lot of parts involved in theese parts....

The first stab. here I have made the framing and preshaped the skin.

Next is to glue the frame to the bottom part of the skin.

And the top are glued in place.

I also couldn't resist in trying the rear part of the canopy...

J

Johnny

Finishing the tail.

The control surfaces was next out.

Here I have prepared the framework

The fins are glued in place

And the control surfaces are in place

Seen from behind

One side of the fairings are done

And an overview at last...

Now I will start on the wings!

J

Johnny

Easter is passed and my build continues....

I made the framing for the wings.

Started on one of the wheelwells

And I made the wheel covers and the cover that is attached to the landing gear.

J

Johnny

Hello guys!

I did one of the legs for the landing wheels.

And both wheelwells are done.Just some minor parts to add.Such as the landing light and some push cylinders for the hatches that will be put on after the skinning of the wings are done.

J

Johnny

One of the landing gears is mostly done.

Rather slow progress at the time,but outdoor activities and not much time to build due to other tasks is the reason :smiling3:

R

rjwood_uk

nicely done Johnny!

im going to start that 1/32 F-15 today, just need to find the folder i put it all in lol.

Richard

J

Johnny

Lousy weather....fall season invites me to continue the P51.

The wings are made :smiling3:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Outstanding work, Johnny! I just have too many plastic (and one wood) kits to finish so until I'm old, cranky and grey I probably won't start a card model. Oh, who I'm kiddin! :noidea:

J

Johnny

Let me give you some good advice then :smiling3:

If you have plans of finishing your models......don't start to build a papermodel......

It's like drugs I guess......one cut and you're hooked :smiling3:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
\ said:
Let me give you some good advice then :smiling3: If you have plans of finishing your models......don't start to build a papermodel......

It's like drugs I guess......one cut and you're hooked :smiling3:
I already have a mental problem and I'm seeking help through IPMS. I wonder if there is a ICMS? Get it??? International Card Modelers Society. :lame:

S

Sky Raider

Hi Johny,I'm loooking for a 1/8th scale pilot, do you think they will have one of them or do you know where i can get one from its for next project a P47D Thunderbolt from topflite.

B

backonthecase

This is unbelievable Johnny - I can't believe this is all card!!! You are indeed a magician sir!

Stuart

J

Johnny

Continued work on the plane today. I'm home with some broken ribs....and today the pain was manageable.I had a crash on my bicycle and the tarmack is very hard when you hit it at 35km/hr....

But onto the build!!

Details on the landing gear.The part is the one at the tip of the Exel #11 blade.6 of that part was to be small hinges at the compression cylinder at the legs.

Landing gear done.

Front and rear side

Canopy is done.

I also started to do the fairings (was that the correct name?) And the guns are done on both side. Did I overdoe the gunsmoke leftover sliding along in the wind effect??

Hepp hepp!!