P-51D "Petie" 1:33 Halinski

B

Bunkerbarge

That's strange Johnny, none of these pictures seem to open up to normal size, have you done anything different with them?

I know what you mean about the gunsmoke effect I think it should be a lot softer by either airbrushing or careful build up with dry brushing. I don't know what you can do with what you have there to soften it without causing any damage. You might have to live with it.

J

Johnny

I haven't done anything different than before,so I don't understand why they won't open to normal size.

I'll tone the slag down to just a shade I think.

\ said:
That's strange Johnny, none of these pictures seem to open up to normal size, have you done anything different with them?I know what you mean about the gunsmoke effect I think it should be a lot softer by either airbrushing or careful build up with dry brushing. I don't know what you can do with what you have there to soften it without causing any damage. You might have to live with it.

J

Johnny

The fairings

Got the fairings done today :smiling3:

Now I can see the end of this build getting a bit closer.When the wings are done....only the rest left!

Last edited:
J

Johnny

So there was the day that the "petie" should up on her wheels.

The rear wheel

The landing gear and one of the wheelwells covers are in place.

Also the typical air inlet and the two hatches on the rear part.

Seen from Down under

J

Johnny

Finished a few details here and there.

The bombholder

The antennas.

Some small parts on the wings

It seems like the guys have a nice talk before the mission starts

J

Johnny

I finished her today!

This was my first halinski kit, and it was just great to build. Fit is very very good.Print is very very good. Instructions are good.

But enough talk.....time to start a new model!!

P

p-26luvr

What an awesome model. A GREAT tutorial on building card models. I have often, in the past, looked at the ads in model magazines for 1/33rd scale card models and been tempted to buy one ;now I may try one. THANKS again for posting such interesting articles. I saw your Me 109 model Carl T