P-61Black Widow 1/48 Revell

T

treyzx10r

Ian thanks ,thinking now maybe just plain clear disc the less is more approach?

Aires R2800 kits in themselves!

Anyone have a picture of a shipping container or pallet they would have put these on by chance,thanks in advance

First Name
Dave
Nice work.I wouldn't fancy glueing all that resin together at the moment.Not until I'd find a decent adhesive.I think you once told me you use two part epoxy?.

T

treyzx10r

Dave thanks ,I was using epoxy with the pe bits on the Moto builds ,this time I tried some foam safe medium ca glue and it worked great. I like it because it gave me just a few seconds of work time before it locked down.

Ship 1 has been decaled and cleared

First Name
Dave
The Saalt chipping looks really good.Will Definately have to try that.

S

Sky Raider

Just caught up on this one. Wicked workmanship as usual. Well done Trey.

Andy

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great looking radials Trey all your hard work is paying off!!

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Dave thanks,I think you'll enjoy the salt its a lot of fun! Andy,Vaughan,Colin thanks kindly!

I ca'nt believe it!Ship 1 is complete

off on patrol

T

treyzx10r

The canopies had developed moisture hazing but a all day session in the Florida sun cleared it up,thankfuly!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work on bird one trey and those props look a lot better ( imho ) And the engines on bird two wow rather you than me

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Andy!Thanks Ian!

Ship 2 is nearing completion

Last edited:
C

Caledonia

Total admiration for your modelling and painting skills Trey, where can I buy some of that Florida sun you mention? Cheers Derek

First Name
Dave
Great build as usual Trey.I was going to try the exhaust stains on mine but chickened out!.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Fellas! Dave yours looks awesome without them ! Not much progress thats note worthy,been struggling with the trees and base. I'm no dio master like Ron,btw you're 'wait til its on the bridge' thread has done wonders keeping me motivated ,great stuff there Sir! Figures are also killing me,painting them is not a strong point for me. Heres the basic base layout

Spent a long time painting and inking the palms to get rid of the 'plastic' look

Maybe after some dullkote they'll come around

the crew need some more detailing and cleaning up,especially the faces

Used a dual action sander with some 80 grit to give the base some depth variation,then just a quick rattle can to check my work

thanks for looking,cheers Trey

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The diorama's looking very good Trey i don't think you need to worry about it. Looking forward to the finished thing

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's coming along very nicely Trey. I know what you mean about figures! I always tell myself that if someone is far enough away to appear the size of the scale figure (if you know what I mean) then I can't see the whites of their eyes........so why paint them :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve