Pacific war 1/6

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
excellent work, must have taken you ages with all the fantastic detail . very well done

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Completely missed this when it was first posted back then!!

This is fantastic work, I can see you’ve put a lot of effort into choreographing the figures and setting up the scenery and then creating the special effects. Outstanding results :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nice work on the action figures Ko. Reminds me of the movie 'Welcome to Marwen'.

Perhaps the lack of comments is because this is a totally different genre of diorama making where the scene evolves and the figures are reposed to be photographed in sequence. I like how the fabrique has been weathered...it's normally quite stiff and clean where I know some guys go to lengths of soaking them in their own solution like tea for instance to create the ruffle look. Some replace cut and sewn fabrique that is more to scale. 1/6th scale dios are huge so natural foliage is more attainable. The Sherman must have cost a bomb.

Dragon I believe produced these figures and their equipment and they are collectors items now. I have seen a German MG's nest dio in one of the action figure competition show years back and it looked pretty awesome with realistic sand bags, MG42 and spent cartridges. The weapons appeal to me and some have working mechanisms.

Even in Shizuoka they are separate from the traditional displays and have their own following just like Gundam and Sci-Fi.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR