Paint Conversion Help

M

MrGotty

Hey guys I received my new model kits today, Im looking for paints for my Academy FockeWulf, Im not sure what the colors are I want them in Vallejo Model Colors and they are Flat Black (Matt Black) Which I have found and these:

1. Flat Black (Found, its Matt Black)

2. Black (I think this might be Gloss Black)

3. Metallic Grey (I think this might be gun metal grey)

4. Clear Red

5. Clear Blue

6. Silver

7. Dark Yellow

8. Panzer Grey

9. Light Brown

10. Gray Green

11. Light Blue

12. Black Gray

13. Black Green

14. Dark Gray

15. Gray Violet

16. Red

17. Field Gray

can someone help me find these colors in vallejo model colors please

Scott

Last edited:
M

MrGotty

Tried that its no good until I get to the ones that give me a color code for RLM Paints lol gives me no code for the first few paints I need

Scott

A

andyrobs

Try this link for the RLM codes http://www.rlm.at/download/rlmpdf_e.pdf

Cheers, Andrew

M

MrGotty

I think Clear Red and Clear Blue are Transparent Red and Transparent Blue, as only 2 tiny little parts need painted this color and they look like landing lights on each wing tip, can anyone confirm this?

Scott

T

tecdes

Probably one of the most comprehensive colour charts. http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/pdf_web/CC073_rev03.pdf

But Scott the paint manufacturers all do their own ranges & you have to dig to do cross matches. Takes time but you will soon get to know where to look & the best way to go about it. Just Google what you want & you will find pages of it.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I think Clear Red and Clear Blue are Transparent Red and Transparent Blue, as only 2 tiny little parts need painted this color and they look like landing lights on each wing tip, can anyone confirm this?Scott
Correct. If the lights are in clear plastic, and hollow, a little drop on a cocktail stick then stuck in the hollow inside works well.

Are there no colour codes for another make of paint, I believe Academy give numbers for mr.color

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
What model FW190 is it? Give as many details about it as you can. We can give you the correct colours then ;)

M

MrGotty

Thanks guys I have managed to find the colors I need :smiling3: Yay! and Nope Ian, the first 9 colors dont have codes and the last 2 colors dont have codes, but the rest have RLM codes, but iv found the paints I need! THanks

Scott

T

tecdes

Scott found this site of great value. Not only paint colours but loads of information.

Messerschmitt Bf 109

Laurie