Paint Question

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I thought the mig one shot was just rebadged stynylrez, like UMP.
Just looked it up and I believe you could be right, looks like it's a repackaged Badger product. Makes you wonder how many products are repackaged.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I thought the mig one shot was just rebadged stynylrez, like UMP.
Thanks for that Andy, hadn't heard that before. The only annoying thing is the lid to the container, Simon has found the same problem, If your not carefull you get far too much paint .

D

Deleted member 7181

Yes John. I'd heard the rumour but then saw a video by Red Dragon Modelwerks where they toured the Badger factory. You could see the mig products on the shelves and they had a brief discussion about the collaboration.

And obviously Paul at UMP is quite open about his primers being rebadged Stynylrez.

In fact it's quite an interesting watch if you can find it. I was amazed at how many paint lines they do, even one for taxidermy!

You also get to see the paint mixing room, pretty much a manual affair.

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all, found this and thought it might be interesting to everyone.

Hi Mark

I found this one too and it makes interesting viewing. What I also note is that they are both acrylic polyurethane and so you would think behave very similarly.......

Thanks again.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes John. I'd heard the rumour but then saw a video by Red Dragon Modelwerks where they toured the Badger factory. You could see the mig products on the shelves and they had a brief discussion about the collaboration.

And obviously Paul at UMP is quite open about his primers being rebadged Stynylrez.

In fact it's quite an interesting watch if you can find it. I was amazed at how many paint lines they do, even one for ta

You also get to see the paint mixing room, pretty much a manual affair.
Thanks Andy, found the video. Really interesting to see behind the scenes , caught site of the Mig One Shot as well . Seems a happy place , always good when there is little staff turn over and family members working.