Paint!

First Name
Steven
Hi Guys,

ive just acquired a “French Cafe” from the good people at Dio Dump and wanted to ask if there is a particular brand of paint I should consider. It’ll be predominantly brick but with a wooden facade

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steven, maybe a daft question to some, but I presume it's made of plastic?

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Your user name's Dulux and you're asking us about paint? :smiling5:

Are you airbrushing or brushing? Vallejo have a good range of colours and are fairly easy to use (some will disagree) but they can be fragile.
Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry, Steven. I can't help. I've never worked with resin.

There will be plenty of members who have, mind. :thumb2:

Ron

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Basically treat it like plastic mate; wash with warm water plus a little Fairy liquid prior to working (to remove any lingering mould-release agents/grease) and , once dry apply the primer of your choice (many a discussion on this forum on this subject!). Any paint (all manufactures do suitable paints to suit your needs) will then be suitable - I've used acrylics and enamels, and a mixture of both and they all work equally well! Good Luck!
Steve

First Name
Steven
Basically treat it like plastic mate; wash with warm water plus a little Fairy liquid prior to working (to remove any lingering mould-release agents/grease) and , once dry apply the primer of your choice (many a discussion on this forum on this subject!). Any paint (all manufactures do suitable paints to suit your needs) will then be suitable - I've used acrylics and enamels, and a mixture of both and they all work equally well! Good Luck!
Steve
Thanks Steve,

Think I’ll look at the “Vallejo” range of paints

First Name
Steven
Your user name's Dulux and you're asking us about paint? :smiling5:

Are you airbrushing or brushing? Vallejo have a good range of colours and are fairly easy to use (some will disagree) but they can be fragile.
Pete
I’ll be airbrushing and painting

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
As Steve put it: just treat it as plastic, and you’ll do fine. (That said, I normally don’t prime plastic models, but I do use it on resin ones, as paint doesn’t seem to adhere as well to resin as to plastic.)