painting canopys

P

ping-pong

im making a very large revell junkers JU 88A-1 Battle of Britain 1:32

There is a lot of glass on the model and the question i have is when it comes to painting it should i put klear on it first before painting or afterwards.

Thanks for your advice on this.

Cheers Si :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Si,I built one of these a while ago. There's a build thread here.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/8617-ju88-next-line.html

To answer your question,I would strongly advise dipping the clear parts in Klear before masking and painting. It will make any leakage under or around the masking much easier to clean up if you have any later. Klear is also good for sealing the edges of your masking in an added effort to prevent any leakage.

Cheers

Steve

P

ping-pong

thank you steve. im finding this model a challenge. not everything fits as it should.

Did you find this?

cheers

Si :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I did. I'd read some reviews that seemed to be of an entirely different kit!

I don't know how far along you've got but the main area to be very carefull with is the alignement of the bulkheads to which the wings fit. I got one minutely out and had to do a lot of work to make the wings fit with the correct and equal dihedral.

I also had some interior parts with a lot of flash and generally had a lot of cleaning up to do.

Cheers

Steve

P

ping-pong

i have just finished the cockpit. not onto to the wings yet. now im really worried lol.

Ill have to come back and ask you when i get to it if that is ok.

Thanks again Steve.

Cheers

P

ping-pong

I forgot to say. I just acquired the Heinkel. Is the build on that model better than the Junkers.

Cheers

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Of course,don't be worried,be careful. I remember a bit of a fiddle making the cockpit side walls fit with the bulkhead behind ("radio wall"). I did a lot of dry fitting to get it right.

It wil make a very good Ju88 with a little work.

Cheers

Steve