Painting Zinc Alloy

R

Roverholic

Hi There!

New to the forums and new to modelling. I have a question I am struggling to get a response to by searching the internet.

Basically I have some little zinc models of cyclists (Fonderie Roger type) that I want to paint myself in my own designs, different jersey colours etc. What process should I follow? Do I need to use primer first or is there a specific type of paint I need that can go straight on? I'm assuming I am best of clear varnishing it afterwards too?

Below is a picture of the models and then finish I intend to achieve. Apologies for my basic question but just starting to get into this hobby. Thanks in advance!

k12edd.jpg

sxehl1.jpg

Rob :smiling3:

A

Awins

Hi There!

New to the forums and new to modelling. I have a question I am struggling to get a response to by searching the internet.

Basically I have some little zinc models of cyclists (Fonderie Roger type) that I want to paint myself in my own designs, different jersey colours etc. What process should I follow? Do I need to use primer first or is there a specific type of paint I need that can go straight on? I'm assuming I am best of clear varnishing it afterwards too?

Below is a picture of the models and then finish I intend to achieve. Apologies for my basic question but just starting to get into this hobby. Thanks in advance!

k12edd.jpg

sxehl1.jpg

Rob :smiling3:
Welcome to the forum. You cant go wrong priming it provides a good stable key for the finishing coat.
Acrylics are very good products and cover well but in my opinion I think I would use enamel paints.
Many many years back I would often paint my Corgi and Dinky diecast models with Humbrol enamel and from memory had no issues.
Regards Alan