Panda 1/35 Object 279

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
I think I would paint separately, as you say, then assemble the tracks, wheels etc, as separate sub assemblies. I would then add them to the hull at final build.
Great work on a strange looking object by the way....
Thanks Tim it is a weird looking beast, it looks like the love child of the Haunedu and a t34 (other Russian tanks have also claimed to be the father)

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
Still making some slow progress in this, it’s now mainly annoyingly small little bits that need to be stuck on and panda do not make them very easy at all.

I getting to the point where I have todo my least favourite part of the hobby, painting. Don’t know why I don’t like it but I really dislike it.

digging in my cupboard in found this :
5EADE9A6-F66E-455A-A38F-C1601DD539BD.jpeg
CA65B553-FC1A-4FC3-931A-5E4572246A38.jpeg
So it should be easy for me to get some paint on at least the green bits of the tank.

hopefully get some paint on it, beyond primer that is, later this week.

thanks for looking in.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dom.
Nice to see the paint box making an appearance. Looking fwd to this.

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
Well the bottom and the wheels are now sort of painted, initially I tried Ron’s patented brush painting method but the wheels and bits were to fiddly and I am too impatient to wait so I broke out the airbrush.

End result is this:
FCD5A5DF-E156-42CC-94BA-F0A7CF7B8A9B.jpeg
Need to order some more primer to do the turret and the top and of the body, hopefully some more progress over the weekend.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dom
You're off to a great start on this strange looking beastie. I think if I saw those tracks I would have returned it to the stash. I looks like a flying saucer with tracks :tongue-out3:
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If you just show that hull underside/suspension to people, I doubt their first guess would be that it’s a tank :smiling3:

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
Hi Dom
You're off to a great start on this strange looking beastie. I think if I saw those tracks I would have returned it to the stash. I looks like a flying saucer with tracks :tongue-out3:
Jim

yeah, what makes it worse is I have the takin offering in the stash too, so at some point I’m going to go through the same pain. What was it they say, doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good so far Dom. Apologies for getting behind.

ATB.

Andrew