Panzerkampfwagen M3 Ausf. F

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko
That's excellent. A totally unique model - we ain't gonna see another :tongue-out3: The build thread was great to follow along with although I'll bet a lot of people spent time on the web trying to figure out what the h*** you were building :rolling:
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That's excellent. A totally unique model - we ain't gonna see another :tongue-out3:
Thanks :smiling3: It was fun (eventually) to try and figure out how all this actually went together from just one often-poor–quality film as a reference, but I’m quite satisfied with the outcome.

The build thread was great to follow along with although I'll bet a lot of people spent time on the web trying to figure out what the h*** you were building :rolling:
I certainly hope so ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Followed this from the outset,and really enjoyed the entire build blog Jakko :thumb2:
I had absolutely no idea of what you were actually building until you revealed it yourself!
What i DO have a completely 100% view on,is the way you`ve completed the paint scheme!!..... To me,it looks absolutely spot on :cool:,
It`s EXACTLY how i would`ve expected to look .... and,(dare i say it),just like the dry brushing techs that suit this type of German stuff SO well!!
Excellent build,and superb finish mate:thumb2::thumb2::cool:
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
A splendid bit of work there Jakko.

Followed this from the outset,and really enjoyed the entire build blog Jakko :thumb2:
One goal achieved :smiling3:

I had absolutely no idea of what you were actually building until you revealed it yourself!
That was actually @Steve Jones who found the film eventually :smiling3:

What i DO have a completely 100% view on,is the way you`ve completed the paint scheme!!..... To me,it looks absolutely spot on :cool:,
It`s EXACTLY how i would`ve expected to look ....
To tell the truth, I think the real thing was probably olive drab, since this was an American tank and it appeared in a black-and-white film, so there would have been no need to have it colour be representative. But it looks more like what it’s supposed to be in Panzer grey.

and,(dare i say it),just like the dry brushing techs that suit this type of German stuff SO well!!
It’s also the rivets, I think. Without that, the drybrush wouldn’t have brought out as much detail as it did. Unfortunately I then had to cover much of it back up with that dirt wash, because as you can see in the film, the real thing wasn’t exactly spotless.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
An excellent looking model, of a strange looking beast. Nice one.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, the odd appearance is what made me want to build a model of it, really :smiling3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Nice build of a rather unusual tank, it was interesting to see it go together & confusing trying to work out what it was!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, I just thought it would be fun not giving the game away from the start — and I think I was right :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jakko,
That turned out really well and made all your detailing well worth while. As has been said that must be a unique build.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks all :smiling3: Mostly I’m proud of having built a model of something possibly nobody has before, and of having figured out how it goes together — the model itself, as such, wasn’t really all that complicated to make. Even the rivets turn out to be quite doable.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well, that fooled us all, but thanks for sharing your unique build :thumb2:.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
With the fixed gun it could have been inspired by the Stug concept or visa versa. An oddity it is.

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, guys :smiling3:

I don’t think it’s meant to be a fixed gun, but instead to represent a turret with twin over-under guns like the Neubaufahrzeug had.