papa 695s 1/16 Panda PzKpfw 38(T) Ausf E/F

K

kintosh

Nice and big can see the bits with only one pair of glasses. looking forward to this one.

Bob

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent choice Ian. I'll be joining you in the larger scale. I am very interested to see how this Panda kit goes together.

Cheers

Paul

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice kit Ian,and you have me along ,as well,will look forward to watching this one, 9_9

P

Polux

Oh.....I really want to see this one come together..... :x

Excellent choice Ian ;)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

1/16? this really is going to be big! Some nice PE parts there, looking forward to see this come together, as I have never seen this scale before

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Made a start on this, but a little word of warning you must read the instructions very carefully and take note of the pictures some of the part number call outs are wrong.

got the road wheels, idlers and drive sprockets put together. Also started the main body.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start ,Ian,well done with the wheels,and ,the multi part hull as well,looking good, :D

looks to have good detail,like the rivet heads,

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Monica and Scott. The kit is very nicely detailed but lacking internal detail. Anybody know what colour the inside would be ?

D

dubster72

That looks really nice Ian. I like the quirky boxy shape of early Panzers. I think I've got the Academy 1/35 one in a cupboard somewhere.

As this is an early-war AFV, the interior would be ivory, although cream or off-white would be fine too.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Patrick is correct with his description of the interior colour.  

Elfinbein (the off-white/ivory colour) was applied to the insides of closed hulls (crew spaces) and closed turrets. It went onto the walls, ceilings over most conduiting, most permanent fixtures - gear racks, ammo racks, kit-holders, step-plates, radio-racks, fan-covers, gun-mounts, gun-breeches and barrels exposed inside the turret.

Floors were usually dark green in the early war and red oxide primer later on.

Heavy-metal drive gear- trannies, brake and steering gear - were often painted satin-black or a dark green at the originating factory, and installed wearing their original paint. Radios were also factory-painted (field-gray, dark green, or sometimes satin black or other colors), and kept those colours when installed into their racks.

A quick note on the inside of the hatches.

In the early war years the inside of the hatches were also painted in the Elfenbein colour. This was quickly changed (1941ish) to the exterior colour of the vehicle as crews learned from bitter experience.

The above a bit of a generalisation for early war tanks but is true of most cases.

I hope this helps.

Good start to the Pz 38t. I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress. It will be great to see a large scale blitzkrieg panzer.

Cheers

Paui

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the help with the internal colours Patrick and Paul. Just got to order some Ivory/ Off white.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Awesome kit and a nice start ;) your work area looks as neat and clean as mine :$ ... ^_^ ................Jim :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real liking this build,do like the detail,and making good progress, :D