Papa 695s 1/32 Revell Tornado

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Dessert scheme, yum! ;) Lots of scope for weathering with the desert scheme, and that shark mouth is a great look for the Tornado I reckon.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Mine has been parked for a while, what colour are going with for the cockpit? The Revell paint guides are rubbish.
Yes I know what you mean Rick. I'm going for light grey, by the time all the dials and screens are painted, washed and weathered, it will darken it up.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I see you have fitted the refuel probe; did you drill out the locating holes? I found holding the fuselage half up to the light useful for finding the right spot to drill. The panel lines are bit light eh?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I see you have fitted the refuel probe; did you drill out the locating holes? I found holding the fuselage half up to the light useful for finding the right spot to drill. The panel lines are bit light eh?
No I cut the pins off and just glued it in place

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've been slowly building this one in the background. Not the best of kits, and it doesn't help with me gluing the wings in a swept back position ( that's probably no that bad a mistake ) but snapping two of the pilons off is, and then gluing the rear stabilisers upside down. So they had to come off. And so much rescribing to do, and half the local churches lead roof just to stop it being a tail sitter.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
The joys of modeling. But still having fun doing it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ouch!! I take it this plane may take a while to get off the ground?:sad-face: I hope the repairs go well

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's looking good Ian, I'm sure you'll see to those repairs easily enough