papa 695s 1/35 AFV Club Scimitar

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks pretty good :smiling3:

I found it very enlightening to place one of these models next to a Land Rover in the same scale. Really shows their size well.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
Missed the start of this - sorry. So much going on on the forum I can't keep up.
A nice kit and with all the etch and other extras you have brought it to another level. What primer do you use as it looks a very smooth? I like the camo. Good luck with those itty-bitty track links.
Jim

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian
Missed the start of this - sorry. So much going on on the forum I can't keep up.
A nice kit and with all the etch and other extras you have brought it to another level. What primer do you use as it looks a very smooth? I like the camo. Good luck with those itty-bitty track links.
Jim
I use Stynylrez primer

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those look quite doable: they may be small, but only one attachment point and nothing to glue.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work on the tracks Ian :thumb2:

Just finished piecing together a set of AFV club workable tracks myself an found them pretty decent. How was the assembly with that type?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Never a fan of doing tracks but these seem to have gone well for you.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’m very interested to see if those tracks are long enough, or if they suffer from the same problem as the one-piece ones in the kit, namely that they’ll be pulled tight around the wheels. Hopefully the former …

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work on the tracks Ian :thumb2:

Just finished piecing together a set of AFV club workable tracks myself an found them pretty decent. How was the assembly with that type?

I’m very interested to see if those tracks are long enough, or if they suffer from the same problem as the one-piece ones in the kit, namely that they’ll be pulled tight around the wheels. Hopefully the former …
FFC29A7F-ACDA-4896-AAC0-42D6470125F8.jpeg6FDA61EE-1EA3-4C5E-9960-578F3D64B951.jpeg
Hi Si I found that if your not too careful the little tabs on the tracks flattened and the links keep coming apart. So when I finally fit them I’m going to glue them into place.

Hi Jakko there’s plenty of spare links, so more than enough to make sure there not tight.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
It looks good with the green & black paint scheme Ian, you made a nice job of the paint. The tracks very neat, much better than the kit rubber band ones.:thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
there’s plenty of spare links, so more than enough to make sure there not tight.
Good news, if/when I ever get round to building another CVR(T) I’ll probably invest in a set of these too, then.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian

Apologies for being very behind on this one. I've got to say it'coming on rather nicely.

Well done!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very nice mate. I spent 3 years working on these and the 30mm Rarden Cannon.

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the camo Ian. The memories must have come flooding back when building this one.