papa 695's 1/72 Sherman M4 (two builds )

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
To my eyes that looks absolutely spot on Ian! The crusty body will look just like its covered in coral and the turret looks just like it would if it had been left exposed to the weather for years , the bright orange rust eventually giving way to a darker colour like this -perfect! top work mate , how did you get the faded rust effect? cheers tony

K

Kressy_13

The sherman looks well worn mate. Nice work. Certainly looks like coral.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
To my eyes that looks absolutely spot on Ian! The crusty body will look just like its covered in coral and the turret looks just like it would if it had been left exposed to the weather for years , the bright orange rust eventually giving way to a darker colour like this -perfect! top work mate , how did you get the faded rust effect? cheers tony
Hi Tony to let you know how I did it firstly I have this set of paints View attachment 77501

So firstly I sprayed it all over with the shadow rust then while still wet sprayed dark rust to the sides, but not full covering the fist coat, this way it blends both colours together. Then I let it all dry, then sprayed dark rust again over the area of the first coat of dark rust then also whist its still wet used the medium rust colour to the sides of the raised areas then let that dry then medium rust again not totally coving the last coat whilst wet then light rust at the very edges let it all dry then a coat of light just to top it off This way I find out of the 4 colours you get around 8 different shades of rust

I hope you can understand

M-51 Super Sherman 001.JPG

P

Polux

I see coral Ian, and very nice must say!! :smiling3:

I'm wishing to see this build finished yet :rolleyes:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking amazing Ian , but what are you going to take your sandwiches to work in now? :smiling:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
top stuff love the look of the tank before it went in to the resin and now its in it looks even better and the swimmer is quality

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great Ian, nice work. Action Man had to take a dip to see what was wrong with his tank.

K

Kressy_13

This looks really nice mate. The resin looks great and the diver looks like he is enjoying himself.