Papa 695s BanDai Thunderbird 1

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats FAB Ian , love thunderbirds ( only the original puppet version though) , all the vehicles and stuff were so cool and way ahead of their time too . Vertical take off , swing wings , forward swept wings, re usable space rockets, manned space stations , and all this in 1965 !!! Technology is only just catching up now ! Looking forward to this , whats the size of it ?
yours Hiram K Hackenbacker

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH HI Ian yea im a thunderbird's fan AN i have just watched the ThunderBirds Are Go film last week as i have it on dvd an i loved the ZERO -X SPACE CRAFT an the way it came out of the hanger an got ready for lift off this was brilliant an i think the best film of the lot as there was also Thunderbird 6 was'nt there an a brilliant kit i will follow ps anychance on seein you build them all ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian yes i met Gerry Anderson at one of our village school fetes a very charming man very pleasent to talk to an i told him how he made my childhood very exciting an he was very pleased an he signed a pic of thunderbird 2 for me an jen videoed me talking to him very nice gent indeed
chris

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats FAB Ian , love thunderbirds ( only the original puppet version though) , all the vehicles and stuff were so cool and way ahead of their time too . Vertical take off , swing wings , forward swept wings, re usable space rockets, manned space stations , and all this in 1965 !!! Technology is only just catching up now ! Looking forward to this , whats the size of it ?
yours Hiram K Hackenbacker
OH HI Ian yea im a thunderbird's fan AN i have just watched the ThunderBirds Are Go film last week as i have it on dvd an i loved the ZERO -X SPACE CRAFT an the way it came out of the hanger an got ready for lift off this was brilliant an i think the best film of the lot as there was also Thunderbird 6 was'nt there an a brilliant kit i will follow ps anychance on seein you build them all ?
chris
Hi Tony this is how tall it is,
E6FF03E8-B04B-47A7-A569-8F6FDD81F3A2.jpeg
But I’m not sure what scale that is.
Thanks Chris yes Thunderbird 6 was a bi-plane if I’m not mistaken, and think there’s a good chance of me building them all.
E6FF03E8-B04B-47A7-A569-8F6FDD81F3A2.jpeg314364CC-D3F1-417B-93F9-6D58672CC377.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH WOW WOW Ian you lucky devil you have got all of them great stuff they will look brilliant all lined up i can just hear the thunderbirds theme music now an have you by any chance got their record called NO STRINGS ATTCHED as i have had it for yonks its a sort of ep record an lady penelope sings a song to parker an there are other thunderbird themes on it as well
chris

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OH WOW WOW Ian you lucky devil you have got all of them great stuff they will look brilliant all lined up i can just hear the thunderbirds theme music now an have you by any chance got their record called NO STRINGS ATTCHED as i have had it for yonks its a sort of ep record an lady penelope sings a song to parker an there are other thunderbird themes on it as well
chris
I wish I had the record Chris but no. I will take a look at the episode with Thunderbird 6 in it and see if there’s a kit out there very similar.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thunderbird 6 is a Tiger moth, with a big red sunburst on the wing.
It's the second film, which also has the best series of explosions in any Anderson, when Dover missile base goes boom. And boom. And boom-bom ka-boom

The Bandai kits aren't bad, but the Aoshima ones are supposed to be better and (air quotes) 'in scale'. But, who wouldn't want a 1/48th (ish) TB1? They've also just been properly issued in the UK. Blinkin' expensive tho'

I do love that Bandai box art, especially the TB5. Which is the only one I've built of these
"Keep this frequency clear!"

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I remember being taken to see 'Thunderbirds are Go!' on my birthday 55 years ago. It was at the Classic Movie Theatre on Fitzalan Square, Sheffield ( it burned down in 1984 ). Thunderbirds was my favourite of the Gerry Anderson sagas, closely followed by Fireball XL5. Can anyone remember the interest created by 'Blue Peter' making their own version of Tracy Island?
Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I remember that they also build a space hover vehicle the only things I ever wanted to build.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dave yea i remember an i built a big 4ft model of fireball XL5 an in its silver red an yellow an blue stripe around the fusalarge it looked great on a whoppin great stand but one of my mate young son had never seen it before an he wanted it an in the end i let it go to him more fool me as i miss it now some where ive got a pic of me holding it
chris ps dave if i remember rightly thunderbirds followed fireball XL5 as it was in black an white
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
....and what a great start to a program.....5....4....3....2....1.....Thunderbirds are go!
If it didn’t make your heart beat faster as a kid you must have been dead!
I believe it was cancelled because the film failed!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
....and what a great start to a program.....5....4....3....2....1.....Thunderbirds are go!
If it didn’t make your heart beat faster as a kid you must have been dead!
I believe it was cancelled because the film failed!
well Tim i didnt fail with me i loved every minute of it
chris