papa 695s Bf 109E

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now I feel bad. I forgot that you are doing the British captured 109. Then the Trainer Yellow would have been fine. It is only the German RLM yellow that needs to be richer....
Still It looks like it will be fine.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good the yellow seems to have covered well how many coats did it take

I gave it 5 coats in all. The first coat Wasn't covering too well as it was thinned for the yellow and red mix. So I then gave it 2 coats of neat yellow just to kill off the pre shading a little, ( to be honest if I was doing this again I'd try and do the pre shading with burnt umber for the underside to see how that would work ) then 2 more coats of the red yellow mix. 

K

Kressy_13

Nice work mate. Coming along nicely. Just something about roundels and the fin flash that don't look right on a 109. Looking good though.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good what colours did you use for the camo

I used Vallejo dark earth 71.029, and Vallejo dark green 71.012. Then lightened them with a couple of drops of white to do the centre of the panels. 

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kressy_13

Looking very nice. That yellow underside really makes it stand out with the camo on top. 

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well this one nearly missed me. British and Japanese options, plus I think I saw three spinners ? Airfix seemed to have it all covered. Anyway, it looks like another great  build. The camouflage and yellow is a nice scheme.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Come on really well. There is something odd about seeing German fighters in RAF camouflage. I have an FW190 in RAF guise... suits it actually.

Great work Ian.

B

Builder

Awesome work Ian. Love the underside yellow, good work on the landing gear, getting it to sit perfectly can be tough sometimes. 

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Ian, look forward to the big reveal (if it hasn't already been revealed !)  :smiling3: