papa 695s FW190 Egg Plane

P

Polux

Nice egg, Ian :D :D :D

Mmmm....you can try a winter camo there!! I never seen an egg plane using this camouflage :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
mmm interesting! whats the plan Ian ? or have we got to wait and see

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looking good Ian ( are you another one of these machines that turn the models out one after the other?

I do like the engine arts they look really well painted

Regards

Robert

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Looking good Ian ( are you another one of these machines that turn the models out one after the other?
I do like the engine arts they look really well painted

Regards

Robert
Well it keeps me out of the pub Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Well it keeps me out of the pub Robert
Oh I like that

I'm the same don't have any bad habits ( well the wife, but she's in the package ) if you know what I mean.

I personally think it's an age thing. When I was 18 I could do 12 pints, now we go out and all I drink is diet coke or tea

Robert

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have done other things to this one but I don't want you to see just yet, that's why you only get head on shots. But all will become clear on Easter Sunday.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've got this one primed and the canopy masked and fitted

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I bought these paints at Newark to go with this

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But I've never used them before so I'm going to try them out on the Egg plane being as its German and all.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

F

Fenlander

Heard good things about those paints but never used them. Be interested to see how you get on with them Ian.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ok I've used this paint for the fist time today, the first thing I found out is that the bottle comes with a ball bearing inside to help with mixing the paint when shaking it. It also say's its airbrush ready but I find it to be rather thick and needs thinning. But once that's done it covers very nicely indeed.image.jpeg

This is what I've done so far, got the underside painted light blue and the yellow on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work Ian , the Hataka paints look good , (I havent used mine yet either!) did you use their thinners to spray ? I didnt realise they had a ball bearing in them , to be honest I havent had them out of the box since we got them last october!! One other thing , what did you use for the yellow ? it looks to have covered really well , a colour i always find tricky no matter who's paint I use. cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Nice work Ian , the Hataka paints look good , (I havent used mine yet either!) did you use their thinners to spray ? I didnt realise they had a ball bearing in them , to be honest I havent had them out of the box since we got them last october!! One other thing , what did you use for the yellow ? it looks to have covered really well , a colour i always find tricky no matter who's paint I use. cheers tony
Thanks Tony.

Yes I did use their thinners, and as for the Yellow I used Vallejo yellow 71002 in my usual way. After painting the light blue I masked the area I need yellow then painted it white, then when dry I misted 4 coats of the yellow on letting each coat dry before I sprayed the next.

F

Fenlander

The new Mig Ammo paints all come with ball bearings. Still not convinced they help much but they have to be better than nothing. Looking great Ian, that yellow really looks solid.