Papa 695s Guillows P40 Warhawk

G

Graham D

Good start. I have built a few of these type of balsa aircraft, most crashed when trying to fly them, so I have none left. Are you going to make it a static model or flying one?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I have built plenty of these in my life time so I will be watching with interest as I might be tempted to join in.
Good start by the way
Thanks Peter. Please do get one there's only two of us in this SIG so far.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Good start. I have built a few of these type of balsa aircraft, most crashed when trying to fly them, so I have none left. Are you going to make it a static model or flying one?
I'm going to try and make it fly, ( rubber band ) but it will more than likely end up just like yours crashed.

F

Fenlander

Shame I don't have any bench space, this looks like fun. Really taking shape now.

J

John Rixon

Its good that there are instructions too, so many times in my RC flying days, you'd open a kit box and find a pile of wood and a big plan! There were a few manufacturers who went the extra mile (mostly American ones) but many of them were old-school. I'm reminding myself of this as I start my Mirror Models Diamond Wrecker! That does look like a nice little kit, and I reckon it won't be your last, as they really are satisfying!

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looking good on this one Ian. Reading this seems to be very intricate in the construction.

Coming together though.

Regards

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Now that wing dehidrel must have been fun

Looking good.

Mind me asking are you going to fly this?

Regards

Robert

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So, just like the plastic kits we're used to, you just cut the parts from the 'sprue', clean them up and stick them together? Is this really as simple as you make it look Ian?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Now that wing dehidrel must have been fun
Looking good.

Mind me asking are you going to fly this?

Regards

Robert
Yes that's what I'm hoping to do Robert, but it will probably be the one and only time then it will more than likely just end up being a pile of splintered wood and paper.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
So, just like the plastic kits we're used to, you just cut the parts from the 'sprue', clean them up and stick them together? Is this really as simple as you make it look Ian?
Well that's all I'm doing Dave.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Yes that's what I'm hoping to do Robert, but it will probably be the one and only time then it will more than likely just end up being a pile of splintered wood and paper.
Oh no not your work ( keep it on the ground ) safe

Robert