“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice Ian , looks like alot of work on your hands, :D

P

Polux

Fantastic choice!

Your "water" effects are always very nice, so I'm sure this one will be terrific ;)

First Name
Adrian
I built this 18 months ago, I must have had a damaged kit as it took 2 tubes of Zap- a Gap to get the hull to even look straight, but I'm sure you will do it more justice than I ever did. So I'll be sitting on the dock of the bay watching this ship sail away :smiling3:

Adrian

L

Laurie

Very nice Ian.

To help on scale Ian it may be an idea to put a pencil in the photos. It will just show your skills as this is a small scale model. (or is it large scale confusing ) ?

Laurie

S

steve scan

Look forward to seeing how this turns out, mine was so warped and ill fitting I gave up on it and binned it!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Look forward to seeing how this turns out, mine was so warped and ill fitting I gave up on it and binned it!
Hi Steve the sides are a little warped but they don't look too bad but still plenty of work to do before I need to worry too much about that

S

steve scan

Good it looks great when done but mine must have been a bad one. :smiling3:

D

Dave Garrett

i'm guessing this kit is finished now but can't you put the hull or the warped pieces in boiling hot water then clamp them to a flat sheet of plywood or something to get them back in shape ???

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
i'm guessing this kit is finished now but can't you put the hull or the warped pieces in boiling hot water then clamp them to a flat sheet of plywood or something to get them back in shape ???
Hi Dave. It's not finished yet just put on hold until I get some group builds out the way,

Thanks for the tip but I don't think it's that bad, but will see when I get to that part of the build

D

Dave Garrett

i don't know if it works as i have not tried it before but i have seen and heard people using it. i know it works on bending wood coz i have done it

S

steve scan

The warps in mine were inconsistent and in different directions so I would not have known where to start, I will build this one in the future.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have one in my stash so i am going to take a good look at it for any warping.

Peter t