papa 695's Honda CB750

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Peter that's just what I needed to know, can move on now. And just like you and your build I'm really enjoying myself with this

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Thanks Peter that's just what I needed to know, can move on now. And just like you and your build I'm really enjoying myself with this
No problem Ian ......... I've had more bikes over the years than you can shake a stick at, re-built several and wrecked a few as well............

I forgot to mention, while the back mudguard will be plastic, they tended not to break up. They were made of a sort of nylon type flexible stuff, You pretty much always find them in one piece on a scrapper.

Rear Seat Cowl and side panels will be plastic as well.

Peter

C

CDW

From what I remember when looking for a replacement.. Early F's had steel fronts (these were just repressed from the old CB stock), later F's had polycarb with a metal fork brace moulded under it for strength and to inhibit fork twisting, F2's had abs plastic with fork brace.

As peter says the wheels and little styling tweaks on the plastics seem to point yours as a later F.

My replacement "F" front that i got for my old cherished CB was white polycarb with red over. Was a bugger if you scratched it as the white showed through, maybe you could run the scalpel into yours a few times and drop some white into the scratches?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Ian....... That looks so damn neglected....... Just like some of the bikes that used to be in the "scrapper" when I lived in Southampton 25 / 30 years ago........ A real masterpiece on the way.

Are you planning to put it on a base of some kind ????

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that is some seriously nice work!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the great comments guy's

@ Peter I'm hoping to put it on a small base, but just not sure what to do yet. A back garden/waste land or scrap yard I don't have much in the line of 1/12 bits and bobs so it looks like I need to scratch some things

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Scrapyard ........ Black Oil soaked mud (lots of it). and a puddle or two. The scrappers always had that. Laid on it's side at a jaunty angle against a shed or oil drum or some such. ........... Or just lent against a garden shed with a bit of overgrown grass............ Endless possibilities.

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
in the garden, up against the wood fence, tarpaulin pulled off it, leaking oil on the path (what my dad used to moan at me about lol), green wheelie bin in attendance

First Name
Jason
Incredible work Ian, I love it. Can't wait to see it finished.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First Name
Gregg
\ said:
in the garden, up against the wood fence, tarpaulin pulled off it, leaking oil on the path (what my dad used to moan at me about lol), green wheelie bin in attendance
Leave the wheelie bin out, too modern for the era me thinks!

Gregg

P

Polux

You are nailed Ian!! The weathering is spot on and very nice the detail of the foam (we call this in spain) on the seat!

Cheers

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's real good stuff so far Ian.

While you're making up your shed, how about doing one in 1/1 scale for Andrew (Phalinmegob)? Apparently he's looking for one!

Gern

First Name
Gregg
Simply amazing, that weathering is second to none!

Gregg

C

CDW

Stunning Ian.... I agree with Gregg, the weathering is brilliant