papa 695s Matchbox/Revell Victor Mk2

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good luck with this Ian, I only just finished mine not long ago. Seriously the fit is not bad if you can get past the intake slats and if you don't mind the raised panel lines...they should be single instead of double lines. Made the mistake of scribing both the lines when I should have just used the in between as a guide. Certain areas need minimal filling. Decals are good.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Brisk start Ian , i take it from the bunch of painfully impaled pilots this ones going to have a full crew ? Cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good luck with this Ian, I only just finished mine not long ago. Seriously the fit is not bad if you can get past the intake slats and if you don't mind the raised panel lines...they should be single instead of double lines. Made the mistake of scribing both the lines when I should have just used the in between as a guide. Certain areas need minimal filling. Decals are good.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard, I’m not a fan of raised panel lines. And thanks for the heads up about the two lines instead of one but I knew that.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks like a major improvement already, I’m sure that if you still need to do some work on it, it’ll be relatively minor.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top work Ian ! I don’t think I could imagine a more difficult set of seams to get rid of ! I wonder how many people went down the easy route and just stuck some FOD covers in there ? cheers Tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those fans came out nice Ian....too bad they won't be visible. They looked familiar to me, are the engines on the Victor made by Rolls Royce? Rick H.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Those fans came out nice Ian....too bad they won't be visible. They looked familiar to me, are the engines on the Victor made by Rolls Royce? Rick H.
The B1 was powered by Armstrong Siddeley sapphire turbojet engines, and the B2 buy Rolls-Royce Conway turbofan engine.
( according to Wikipedia )