papa 695s Revell 1/144 Apollo Saturn V rocket

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Ian. I like the detailing you’re putting into the kit, should make all the difference to the finished model.
Looking forward to seeing this progress.
Cheers
Paul

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, I remember making one like this when I was a kid, brings back memories of me making it with my mom, hairy stick, paint tins and a tube of glue, my father was in the US military and so didnt see him much.
The model is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it finished. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all, I remember making one like this when I was a kid, brings back memories of me making it with my mom, hairy stick, paint tins and a tube of glue, my father was in the US military and so didnt see him much.
The model is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it finished. :thumb2:
HI Mark an you wont for a while as I asked Ian whats happening on it an he said its on hold due to his wanting to finish the G/B's
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian lovley to see this build on the move again without this hower we gonna get back to the moon again lol i'll be following this build great stuff
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Much the same applies to going to the moon: what is the need to do so? If there is one that doesn’t have a simpler or cheaper earth-bound solution, sure, people will be going back to the moon. Until then, though, there’s nothing to be gained by going there. (In the 60s it was done for one reason only: one-upmanship.)

We have to learn how to get off this planet or we're all going to die when we either run out of resources or poison ourselves in our own wastes; controlling our population would just delay the final outcome.

You're right about the motives back then though.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Have one of these kits and a boat load of other space kits to build. Following this with interest Colin. Looking good so far.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Have one of these kits and a boat load of other space kits to build. Following this with interest Colin. Looking good so far.
HI Steve could you do a thread on all your other space kits as it would be nice to see what kits you have got as im into S/F kits as im also enjoyin Ian Saturn build I read some where that there is a Saturn kit that stand about ten feet tall in a big scale I would love to build that but im up to my neck in my HMS TIGER build for the foreceable future
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
We have to learn how to get off this planet or we're all going to die when we either run out of resources or poison ourselves in our own wastes
That could be one of the reasons I mentioned: “one that doesn’t have a simpler or cheaper earth-bound solution”. We’re not far enough yet that this is a pressing concern, though.

controlling our population would just delay the final outcome.
That depends on a lot of factors. Getting people out of poverty will reduce the number of children they have, but also increase their individual consumption of resources … There must be a balance between those somewhere, but good luck finding and enforcing it.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's good news Ian.
A great build to follow, I'm looking fwd to the launch Will there be any flames ! :nerd: