papa 695s Revell 1/144 Apollo Saturn V rocket

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Ian exscuse me I may be wrong on this an not a critisum of your work as im enjoin it but I see you goin to paint it in gloss white ? as I thought it should be done matt white an black ? or is the gloss white for something eles on the rocket ?
chris
Thanks Chris, I find on such a large area, gloss covers better than the Matt white ( It could be just how I spray paint ) then when decals and everything else is done I’ll coat it all in a Matt varnish.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Just catching up Ian, super work mate, coming along very nicely indeed.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOOKIN GOOD Ian I love the ole Saturn 5 it knocks spots off this bloomin space x thing now that's what I call a rocket brilliant
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Ian she looks fab an you missed a bit of tamyia tape on still at the top an are the engines fitted in as it looks very close to the floor but brilliant
chris
Cheers Chris.
The Tamiya tape is just to keep the bay doors closed. Also the first stage boosters aren’t fitted yet. Still thinking about adding more detail on them.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very neat paintwork, Ian. Really sharp.

Yuri Gagarin

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IAN i just love it what a beauty an it looks great now with her decals are you gonna still take it to the school for the kids to see ? pity it dint have the launch tower with it an the crawler but great modeling
chris