papa 695s Revell 1/48 Phantom

D

dubster72

Haha I was nearly confused by the first pic Ian! As this is the same version as my one, it should be good to see the differences between your Revell kit & my Eduard/Academy one ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Haha I was nearly confused by the first pic Ian! As this is the same version as my one, it should be good to see the differences between your Revell kit & my Eduard/Academy one ;)

Cheers Patrick. I've got plenty of rescribing to do as this has raised panel lines.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Made a start on this one, got the tub done. It's going to be a OOB build as I'm going to practice the black basing painting technique.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
And everybody knows my love of raised panel lines, so there's plenty of re-scribing to do image.jpeg image.jpeg
And image.jpeg
Andbd

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The cockpit is completed also most of the re-scribing, some touching up to do after the filling and sanding fuselage put together just need to fit the wings.
The tubes on the tail fin need replacing any ideas what's best to use ?
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking nice now Ian. Nearly time for a bit of primer.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good Ian, i usually replace pitots with brass micro tube and rod , if you haven't got any let me know and i can send you some , cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Got some more done to this, the wings are now fitted and the flaps.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I've also started the intakes, filled and sanded the injector pin marks on the side wall and fitted the deflector plate. There was an hole at the back of the intake so I put some plastic card in to hide it
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
And a little bit more filling and sanding, as is the way with Phantom builds.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

First Name
Dave
Coming along well Ian. I built this kit for the last Phantom GB a few years ago.Notice that cut out in the fuselage just aft of the back end of the rear canopy?.where the cockpit rear bulkhead sticks up?.theres nothing in the kit to fill it with.I think the top of the rear bulkhead is meant to fill it.But it's too small.I ended up using filler on mine.Bearing in mind two small arms on the back of the canopy also fit in there.

First Name
Dave
Your rescribing looks very good.Something I need to do on mine

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along well Ian. I built this kit for the last Phantom GB a few years ago.Notice that cut out in the fuselage just aft of the back end of the rear canopy?.where the cockpit rear bulkhead sticks up?.theres nothing in the kit to fill it with.I think the top of the rear bulkhead is meant to fill it.But it's too small.I ended up using filler on mine.Bearing in mind two small arms on the back of the canopy also fit in there.
I'm glad you've told me about that gap Dave, I wouldn't have known until it was too late. I'll get on with that when I next work on it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I got home this afternoon and got the canopy out to take a look at the gap. If I was having the canopy closed, I think a little bit of filler would have been needed. But as I'm having the canopy open, as you can see with the pictures it should be ok.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
So now I'll finish off the masking and get them temporarily glued down to protect the seats.

D

dubster72

You're going great guns on this one Ian! It's looking really good.

I must start my Eduard Phantom... but planes are so frustrating to a tankie!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You're going great guns on this one Ian! It's looking really good.

I must start my Eduard Phantom... but planes are so frustrating to a tankie!
I'm like that with Tanks Patrick, but when this ones completed I'm going to start on the King Tiger for your GB.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far Ian. You had your work cut out for you with the rescribing but it's looking A1.

B

Builder

Looking very good there Ian. Great job on the cockpit and I think it looks good with the canopy open.