papa695's Got ya

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good stuff Ian, just like me, a bit of an idea, but that's all. I'm sure it will develop as your build progresses and turn out spot on.

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

Sounds so good Ian!!

And I like to much your Kit!

I will be seeing it specially.

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That looks a cracking building Ian, loads of detail.

You're up and running now!

Good luck with the build.

Cheers,

Ron

J

John Huggins

Good luck with the build Ian this looks very interesting.

John

P

Polux

Hi Ian!

The build is so nice, and have diferent possibilities!!

Have fun

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its been a while since we started this GB i've seen some great starts by other modelers i'm not afraid to say i'm struggling with this one not just with the building but also with ideas. Well out of my comfort zone. But here are some photos of my progress the house is coming along and ive had to make large alterations to the men View attachment 34998 View attachment 34999 View attachment 35000 View attachment 35001 View attachment 35002

I will not give up and happy modeling

View attachment 39474

View attachment 39475

View attachment 39476

View attachment 39477

View attachment 39478

winter gb 001.jpg

winter gb 002.jpg

winter gb 003.jpg

winter gb 004.jpg

winter gb 005.jpg

G

Greg147

Excellent work, I love the pose alterations, especially the standing guy. I wouldn't say this looks out of your comfort zone at all ;)

A

andygh

Looking good, love those figures

I've got one of the Miniart buildings in my pile but I've been putting it off, yours looks excellent

C

CDW

Looks ok to me, i'd be happy with the progress so far.

I also like the alterations to the figures, they look quite natural to be honest in the piccies.

comfort zone issues or not ..... i think this will turn out better than you anticipate Ian :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great start Ian. It looks just fine.

Don't worry about lack of ideas...they will come along when they are ready! Just sit back from it and have a minute (or the 2 months or so we have left! lol)

As for doing something you have not done before, we have to try out new aspects to our modelling (I am!) this way we can learn new tricks and techniques.

Personally, I'm having a hoot with this G.B....Having a go, slinging stuff in the bin, having another go. I'm not bothered about making an a**e of something, it's all part of the fun, but I am learning too!

So jump in, enjoy the build, but most importantly.....Have fun!!!

Please keep us posted with your progress.

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

I don't understand your words Ian!!!

The idea is good, seriously, and the whole set will be brilliant.

The modification of the figures they are so serious as the tremendous shot that is receiving!! I will confess a thing to you: the new diorama that I make, though I like it much there is something that is not OK. And fact of less making the first idea...

So my advice is that you don't give you up and continues with it, it was remaining perfect!! As he says Ron the important thing is have fun!!!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi Ian!!

I ask my self if you have some update of your dio???

Have fun

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux i have just about finished the figures will post pictures later its coming along but work gets in the way at times i'm happy again took some time out to think about how to shoot the finished diorama i'm wanting it to look like your the sniper if you know what i meen

P

phalinmegob

looking great so far mate, i have fallen in love with mini art buildings to the point that i am thinking of only doing these. only problem is that the plastic is so thin that you cannot sand the seams very well or it just dissappears into a big hole but maybe its something i am doing wrong. i am doing a polish town house at the moment.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Andrew i also think the mini art buildings are great. Its my first time using one yes very thin took a while to get the thing together but im happy with the result

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ouch, I bet that made his eyes water!

You've made an excellent job on the two figures Ian, great poses.

Don't keep us waiting too long for the next instalment, mind! lol

Cheers,

Ron