Papa695s HMS Illustrious (Airfix 1/350) Started June 17th 2014

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian well how you have laid out all the harries an merlins an seakings is brilliant an very well thought out as to me it looks like they are are all in motion eg. like the merlin goin down on the elevator lift all folded up to go to the underside hangars is brilliant an for their size they all are very well detailed this carrier looks just like the real thing very well done so far indeed from me the way you have put all your choppers an planes is just like i did on my big nimtiz carrier very well done an when finished take a bow an you certaintly deseserve it an i like very much indeed an hope greg gets his carrier lookin good like you have done :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: BRILLIANT MODELING SIR
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian

That's coming on beautifully. Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I wish I'd read through this before I started my build, I found the hull bent badly out of shape, getting the two halves together was a ball ache and the flight deck not much better. I'm just finishing up the last of the small parts to finish but I'm dreading the iddy biddy decals, any words of wisdom on best approach or should I clean my glasses and practise micro surgery?

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Just found this. Nice build. Loved the streaking, (rust). Spent a few weeks on 'Lusty' doing some 'shhhhh' exercises, not a happy ship. (Well I certainly wasn't - a lot of uncooperative folk). But Ian has done a cracking job. A war canoe ain't complete without the obligatory rust streaks.