papa695's Hummer

P

Polux

Hi Ian!

You are the most "early rising" member! Fantastic!

A few very complete photos, it is possible to estimate the quality of the model. A useful tool to compare all and to be able to help strictly between ourselves.

You already knows how it is going to be painted or decorated?

Cheers

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux I may go with the box art but we have plenty of time to have a good look on the internet for insperation

P

Polux

Look for Greece Hummer (military), looking very interesting!!

Good luck with your search!

Polux

C

CDW

Jeeez Ian you're eager eh ... got the hummer and the first GB kit all in the pipe. .... ain't even bought mine yet :smiling3:

Anyway .... this looks like a decent version on the box-art ... i'd be tempted at that.

Nice start as well, are the pin marks a real pain or are they playing nicely and easy to fill/trim?

P

Polux

You have started it, perfect!!!! Looking very good so far Ian!!

I don't know why...but I imagine it just bigger!

Ok, remember you have 6 months to build a "masterpiece"!

Good luck Ian!!

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Got the chassis painted needs the exhaust pipes fitting then weathering View attachment 55406 View attachment 55407 View attachment 55408 View attachment 55409 View attachment 55410 View attachment 55411 View attachment 55412 View attachment 55413 Ok can someone help me there is NO colour callout for the interior i think its green but not sure so you others doing the Hummer SIG have you any please

View attachment 57600

View attachment 57601

View attachment 57602

View attachment 57603

View attachment 57604

View attachment 57605

View attachment 57606

View attachment 57607

Chassie completed 001.jpg

Chassie completed 002.jpg

Chassie completed 003.jpg

Chassie completed 004.jpg

Chassie completed 005.jpg

Chassie completed 006.jpg

Chassie completed 007.jpg

Chassie completed 008.jpg

C

CDW

the military hummer I saw had the same colour in and out .. with a type of hard wearing synthetic webbing style seat covering. very little panelling also. so I would assume all would be similar.

S

Sky Raider

Looking good Ian. Im still thinking about buying a Hummer, the Tax is putting me off as i would only use it once a week if im lucky. At the moment im going through My Dodge Ram Phase and have a Dually at the moment.

Andy

P

Polux

This is taking form Ian!! Looks good!!

I'm with Colin, in and out it's the same color.

Cheers. Polux

A

AVB99

Hello

My knowledge of Hummers is nil. There are various conflicting definitions available. Some say it's post 1992, others say it's GM. Pictures here would indicate that these are wrong. I have a 1/35 Henschel Typ 33 D1 - does that classify as a Hummer please?

Thanks

Aidan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the answers Colin and Polux. Aidan you will need to ask Polux ( Pink Panther ) that question its his SIG build

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
HelloMy knowledge of Hummers is nil. There are various conflicting definitions available. Some say it's post 1992, others say it's GM. Pictures here would indicate that these are wrong. I have a 1/35 Henschel Typ 33 D1 - does that classify as a Hummer please?

Thanks

Aidan
A Hummer, is an American 4X4 Hummer being the civilian brand for HUMMWV (High Mobility Multiporpose Wheeled Vehicle, commonly called Humvee which rolls easier off the tongue. A few type numbers you can look for are posted in the Chat section for this SIG. which can be found here.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/2013-sig-forum/17499-hummer-sig-2013-introduction-rules.html

In reply to your question the Henschel you mention would not be a valid entry.

Ian M

P

Polux

I arrive a bit late.....

Ian's response is very correct, this old truck cannot be considered as a valid model for this SIG.

Remember Aidan this an open SIG. If you want to join in, you will be more than welcome. As the same time, if you want to ask anything, we have the SIG chat.

Regards

Sorry Ian (Papa) for write in your thread, want to send a PM but was to late.

Regards

Polux