Papa695s Mosquito GB chat thread

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very interesting Steve. Amazing how ingenious all this was. Any idea where the markers were made? It’s just that my old home town of Salisbury hosted several pyrotechnic manufacturers back in the day. Pains Wessex, known for maritime flares, are still there.

I don't know Tim, but it would be surprising if established manufacturers were not co-opted for the war effort. They would have the expertise (and equipment) to handle the materials used.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very interesting Steve. Amazing how ingenious all this was. Any idea where the markers were made? It’s just that my old home town of Salisbury hosted several pyrotechnic manufacturers back in the day. Pains Wessex, known for maritime flares, are still there.
I think they get a mention in the book about the DMWD at Birnbeck, but I can't find my copy or even remember the title! Nevile Shute was involved but I don't think he wrote the book.
Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Anyone got a clear picture of the inside surface of the wheel bay doors on a mosquito? I‘ve searched through all the walk arounds I can find without finding one. I’m asking because the Tamiya kit I’m building seems to have five ejection pin towers per door and that can’t be right for something that small. Two are definite, but not sure about the other three.

cheers in advance
Tim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's what's so good about lagging behind in a GB...... questions you have get asked and answered before you get there :smiling3: !!
Nice one Tim and Mark. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers Mark. Looks like the ones I’ve filled shouldn’t be there, and, assuming the one at the front is the same as those two at the back, the others should….so that good. Less prep work. Pity about the two I carved off before I started thinking though :flushed: