Papa695s Mosquito GB chat thread

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mine will be this one:
View attachment 452181
Bought at the Southwell show a few years ago for some ridiculously low price - £12 I think. I splashed out on a set of Montex canopy masks, which added another fiver.
Pete
Excellent choice Pete:thumb2:,
I SERIOUSLY considered this one ....... it was just the size needed for the completed build that prevented me:flushed:!!
Looking forward to seeing you take it on.
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm going to avoid using most of the Tamiya decals by substituting Montex insignia masks that are included in their mask set. Tamiya kits are generally quite superb but their decals let them down and I can't stand the staples on their sprue bags. :angry:
Got any more info on the "Montex insignia mask" sets please Miguel?.......
..... The decals for my 1/48th Tamiya are going to need replacing also:thumb2:,
Cheers,
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've just realised that I've also signed on for two 'winged beasty' GBs even though I'm now a Trackie - very disturbing - more so when I notice all the good kits and variants have been snapped up by you experts already! I'm afraid you're all going to have to suffer my duplicate attempts as I'm going to try and hide in the corner and not get noticed! Onwards and upwards chaps!
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've just realised that I've also signed on for two 'winged beasty' GBs even though I'm now a Trackie - very disturbing - more so when I notice all the good kits and variants have been snapped up by you experts already! I'm afraid you're all going to have to suffer my duplicate attempts as I'm going to try and hide in the corner and not get noticed! Onwards and upwards chaps!
Steve
Oi,Steve....
.... you'll have to find your own corner.... I've baggsied this one:smiling3:
I'm also a afv chap, joined up for 2 flying GBs,and need to go "under the radar", see what I did there?! ;)
We'll both have to sit on the naughty step together!!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Oi,Steve....
.... you'll have to find your own corner.... I've baggsied this one:smiling3:
I'm also a afv chap, joined up for 2 flying GBs,and need to go "under the radar", see what I did there?! ;)
We'll both have to sit on the naughty step together!!
Well - if that's the case and you've baggsied the corner I might just have to paint mine pink - or turquoise with Mr Blobby spots and racing numbers .... :cool: Would be unique... !
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mine will be this......who said Mosquitos were beautiful??? ;)

I already have an AM decal sheet for it as part of my 'The Hunters and the Hunted' theme. Although research earlier this week suggests it might not be strictly be necessary and the kit decals might work, they're more interesting than the kit decals with lots of background information on the specific plane and one of the crews that flew it.

ATB

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fun fact.
Many moons ago when we started with the GB's we all used to keep quite about what we were going to build. Very rare, if at all did to exact same build duplicate. A couple came close, same unit/Squadron but 100% the same just kept dodging the bullet so to speak.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
If it wasn't for my terrible, and I do mean terrible, record with GB's, I would love to get in on this one as I love the Mossie. As of today, my completion rate stands at about.............5%!!!..........The horror, the horror.....................

Prost
Allen

PS, there still is a lot of time until it starts though...................................Hmmmm.....................

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok, what the heck, I'm in for this too....After putting some kits to sell in evilbay on Sunday, I came across this puppy,

IMG_2964.JPG
It came today......Ok, not my usual scale, but it came with a few extra parts to correct the kits probs and for under €21 delivered, I couldn't resist. I also have an evil plan for it. C'mon July!!!.........

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok, what the heck, I'm in for this too....After putting some kits to sell in evilbay on Sunday, I came across this puppy,

View attachment 452477
It came today......Ok, not my usual scale, but it came with a few extra parts to correct the kits probs and for under €22 delivered, I couldn't resist. I also have an evil plan for it. C'mon July!!!.........

Prost
Allen
Cool!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

View attachment 452477
It came today......Ok, not my usual scale, but it came with a few extra parts to correct the kits probs and for under €21 delivered, I couldn't resist. I also have an evil plan for it. C'mon July!!!.........

Prost
Allen
Excellent….last time I saw you do a wingy on a group build it had Snoopy in it……still makes me smile now!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

View attachment 452477

Prost
Allen
Nice one Allen, glad to have you aboard.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Guys, a blast from the past,

IMG_1089 (2).JPG
Never did finish it though......Needed a big Red Baron fig for the cockpit and a decent base too.....It was a lot of fun!!! Snoopy's revenge for all the times he was shot down........

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

View attachment 452523
Never did finish it though......Needed a big Red Baron fig for the cockpit and a decent base too.....It was a lot of fun!!! Snoopy's revenge for all the times he was shot down........

Prost
Allen
Brilliant!!! Simply brilliant!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tamiya are going to do very well out of this GB ;)

View attachment 452523

Prost
Allen
The best bit was that all the way through all we saw was the tripe hound….and at the reveal, this appeared. Absolutely loved it and still do.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

View attachment 452477

Prost
Allen
I’m glad you join in Allen