Part of the History of flight collection,a room scan.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bloody Nora! That's a lot of airplanes!

coachman

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Barry, when I joined the forum which is just about 12yrs. to the day since. I was making R/C models but there was never more than two or three
contributors with flying models, but I do remember you. It was a nice surprise to see you posting again, afraid I joined the plastic lads 2010 after
losing a leg, I didn't fancy chasing models round a field with one leg at seventy, sit down modelling only now. Any way nice to know your still around,
look forward to your posts. John

Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I got a question for you Barry. Can anyone else in your state get hold of modelling materials before you buy them all?

That's an impressive collection.

• Haha

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I got a question for you Barry. Can anyone else in your state get hold of modelling materials before you buy them all?

That's an impressive collection.

Been building since the age of 7 Dave,I am now 74 ! things picked up over the years you have to keep your eyes open plenty for all avid model builders,car boots for tools,scrap wood is everywhere,keep on building !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi Barry, when I joined the forum which is just about 12yrs. to the day since. I was making R/C models but there was never more than two or three
contributors with flying models, but I do remember you. It was a nice surprise to see you posting again, afraid I joined the plastic lads 2010 after
losing a leg, I didn't fancy chasing models round a field with one leg at seventy, sit down modelling only now. Any way nice to know your still around,
look forward to your posts. John

I do remember you Coachman one of the founders here and you are right not many of us here from those days still left,I consider my minor presence here essential to keep traditional model building alive today,my own mobility especially my knees has restricted me walking far these days so I can appreciate what you are saying,yes a lot of water under the bridge in those 12 years with upheavals a plenty,model building is I am sure you will agree excellent therapy it keeps the mind active,what happened to Bunkerbarge ? is he still around he worked for one of the big liner companies at sea,a great model builder.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great video Barry, thanks for posting .

coachman

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I do remember you Coachman one of the founders here and you are right not many of us here from those days still left,I consider my minor presence here essential to keep traditional model building alive today,my own mobility especially my knees has restricted me walking far these days so I can appreciate what you are saying,yes a lot of water under the bridge in those 12 years with upheavals a plenty,model building is I am sure you will agree excellent therapy it keeps the mind active,what happened to Bunkerbarge ? is he still around he worked for one of the big liner companies at sea,a great model builder.
Hi Barry, only just found your reply, sorry. I remember Buunkerbarge, always interesting posts. So many people seem to have left, some leave & return
some leave and return multiple times, usually after some sort of spat with someone. Have to say the forum has had a new lease of life with the mass arrival from a defunct site. Quite welcome, long may it continue. John

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi Barry, only just found your reply, sorry. I remember Buunkerbarge, always interesting posts. So many people seem to have left, some leave & return
some leave and return multiple times, usually after some sort of spat with someone. Have to say the forum has had a new lease of life with the mass arrival from a defunct site. Quite welcome, long may it continue. John

Remember Duncan who used to build huge ships and aircraft carriers that he would actually sit in and steer around lakes ! his aircraft carrier used to be on display at the museum at East Fortune,he used to tell us about his summer job on the cablecars,is he still with us ?

coachman

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Barry, I have to admit, I don't recall Duncan and I haven't seen any posts from him. Trouble is I'm not into ships and don't read a post if it doesn't appeal to me. Only ships I look for are the ones from our own Mr. Magic alias Ron or Spanner. What he can't do with a tube of sealant isn't worth doing.
Anyway Barry, I've gone over my quota of posts for the first six months, ( compared to my usual) I'll keep looking for posts, I miss the fliers. My best to everyone, your all great entertainment. John