part two blown bridge

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that's right on the money ,Barry I do real like the look off it, :D

what did you mold the cliffs from,as there so good, ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some of the timbers would have been thrown clear in the explosion so leaving out a few is fine. I think you've nailed it!

First Name
barry
\ said:
that's right on the money ,Barry I do real like the look off it, :D
what did you mold the cliffs from,as there so good, ;)
Thanks guys,

Got idea from u tube Mon its so easy ,just make whatever shape you want i used foam pices glued to gether ,mix up plaster of paris or wall filler make shure its white for painting Add water so its guite thick but still runny get a piece of tinfoil used for cooking and scrunch it up untill you can see rock shapes not to much or the rocks will be tiny , add plaster over the foam hill or whatever you are building and place foil over plaster with light presure press onto plaster and follow shape of rocks with your finger nail making shure there is plaster under foil ,leave to dry and remove foil

and there it is it sounds a long process but its realy easy .

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
thrown clear in the explosion
I totally agree, as well as some of the timber been vaporised or reduced to kindling by the blast.

Did anyone see "Mythbusters" on the telly, instead of just blowing up the boat, they literally vaporised it with a submerged charge!!:eek::eek::cool::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
barry
\ said:
Some of the timbers would have been thrown clear in the explosion so leaving out a few is fine. I think you've nailed it!
Great idea of yours Dave thanks.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Think it is spot on Barry, looks realistic and what would have happened. Nice work mate.

B

Bunkerbarge

Don't be put off, if they are the timbers required for the tower then it makes sense that they are the timbers you would see in the bottom of the valley. Don't worry if it looks too much, you have gone through the perfect process to prove you are right. I wouldn't worry and leave it exactly as it is.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
While not a tressle expert I would expect there would also be some smaller timbers involved for extra bracing etc.. I do agree that a lot of the timbers would have been scattered to the heavens. Also a lot of splintering would be apparent, seems more like a collapse than an explosion. I usually don't offer advise or opinion because it's usually not well received but I do believe you are open minded enough to receive it in good humor....................Jim:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Barry i must try that out one day, ;)

First Name
barry
\ said:
While not a tressle expert I would expect there would also be some smaller timbers involved for extra bracing etc.. I do agree that a lot of the timbers would have been scattered to the heavens. Also a lot of splintering would be apparent, seems more like a collapse than an explosion. I usually don't offer advise or opinion because it's usually not well received but I do believe you are open minded enough to receive it in good humor....................Jim:smiling3:
Yes you right about the splintering Jim thats the next job removing pieces, splintering ends painting and fixing back in same place ! :confused:

Always welcom good advise.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is taking shape nicely Barry.....There's just one thing bugging me and I realise we all have our own interpretations when constructing dios., particularly the effects of explosions, but the rails don't look quite right to me.

I would suggest that to destroy and bend the rails as you have them would taken a colossal explosion, leaving nothing left of the bridge, scattering the structure far and wide, leaving only small shards of timber and rubble. Destroyed wooden rail bridges usually have at least the rails intact hanging in mid air, sometimes with some sleepers still attached....Just my own thoughts.

I daresay eyebrows will be raised by my suggestion, but that is all it is, and I agree with Jim that you are open minded to receive, as I see it, my well meant observation.

The initial wrecking of the bridge is first class. It does take a bit of steeling yourself to deliberately destroy work that has been stuck together, but it's the only way to achieve any sort of realism.

Excellent work thus far......

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: