Paul's Focke Wulf Ta-154

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im going to have a crack at this for the Nightfighter GB, simply cos its been lurking in the stash for more years than i want to admit to.....years ago, before i knew better, i bought a bundle of PM kits......dont know how this is going to go cos they aint the best, might end up being filed under 'bin'

not many parts, grand total of 40......decals look gash so are already in the bin and will be replaced by some from the spares box.....found a sheet thats supposed to be for a Me110 so should be the right size-ish

might be a little while before i make progress as i want to get further along with the pod racer

9i43ug.jpg

2wq7ssh.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I built the old Revell one years ago. Apart from a few little faults that was a great kit. Anyway Paul i'm sure you'll do a grand job.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,

Not a plane I am familiar with so will look in and watch.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I had this once paul! I seem to remember it being a tad basic ;):smiling5: not much in the way of panel lines ( although to be fair it was the germans equivalent of our mosquito in that a lot of it was made from plywood so there wouldnt have been many ) youll need a big dollop of nose weight too .The camo looks like a nice challenge too , should look great in the paint , cheers tony

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
For the camo i'd say blu-tac is your friend here ;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
There's definitely some weird and wonderful stuff appearing for this GB.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ive got some reference pics for a different camo.....a more standard one and will more than likely go with that

this is one crappy kit......nothing fits!, its either a gap or step condition!.........lots of sanding of filler and plastic

332yw5x.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well that seems to have turned into an aircraft quite quickly, then I saw how many bits were in the box !

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
What are you trying to say Paul? This isn't a Tamiya-esk fit? lol. Still you are wrestling it into submission and it's getting there.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
been slowly plugging away on this, without doubt one of the worst kits ive ever tackled......LOTS of filler and sanding to get to this point but its primed ready for some paint at last

upload

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so ive had 2 weeks off work on holiday, i didnt sit at the bench once, didnt plan it that way but its how it turned out

unfortunatly its this pile of poo ive come back to

got to the point where i just want to get it done and move on to something else

ive seen various camo schemes for this but have gone for a fairly simple one.......RLM 76 over all with some RLM 75 blotches on upper surfaces

d1_1010.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
How come we get all the :poop: kits Paul ?
It looks like a plane so don't be too disheartened, you could always do what I do, wreak the b****y thing:nerd:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Missed the start of your struggles - sorry. I've not heard of PM Model kits but given your experience I'll not be looking out for one :rolling:
Despite the kit you seem to have it sorted. The paint job camo may be simple but looks good.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
As Jim said. Dispite your trials and tribulations with the kit, the painting looks bob on. I have to admit i really do like this sort of mottling.

I am seriously considering getting the Revell kit of this aircraft (even with it's faults).

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've not heard of PM Model kits but given your experience I'll not be looking out for one :rolling:

I am seriously considering getting the Revell kit of this aircraft (even with it's faults).

PM were a Turkish outfit, they had a thing for doing unusual kits......when the owner died a couple of years ago alledgedly his wife had all the tooling destroyed so no one else could profit from them......dont know how true it is

i wouldnt consider the Revell kit...................they borrowed the tooling off PM!!!!!! .....same kit as this! :sad: