Pauls Honda Ape, Aoshima, 1/12

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so heres my 'animal'

Honda Ape by Aoshima in 1/12

The Ape is a minibike........bigger than a Honda Monkey or Gorilla but still smaller than a full size bike

came in a wide variety of colours for the body work, frame and wheels over the years

as you can see ive made a colour card looking at some of the colours that take my fancy........i quite like the lime green, the memshaib likes purple, but i also like ochre

fortunatly there isnt much chrome cos its not the best.........think i shall be stripping most of it anyway

didnt realise when i bought this kit but its a 'click' type kit where you dont need glue but i think i shall be doing it properly

cant wait to make a start on this on tuesday...theres a couple of pics of the real thing00 (1).JPG00 (2).JPG00 (3).JPG00 (4).JPG00 (5).JPGm (19).jpgm (15).jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful choice for the GB Paul. Looking forward to seeing how it goes together.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice choice.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so finally managed to start putting it together

spent the last week painting all the bits and bobs

had some problems with the body work, had to strip the paint 3 times cos the green wouldnt go on right, not sure why but i got tired of it and its been sprayed Honda orange with some Tamiya rattlecan

as_710.jpg

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Paul,
looks like you been busy with yer Ape....but some buggers nicked yer engine :smiling5:

Sorry to hear you had a bit of grief with the paint...pain in the arse when it goes the wrong way! Hope you can find the middle bit again:thumb2::tongue-out3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Paul,
looks like you been busy with yer Ape....but some buggers nicked yer engine :smiling5:

Sorry to hear you had a bit of grief with the paint...pain in the arse when it goes the wrong way! Hope you can find the middle bit again:thumb2::tongue-out3:

the bit in the middle is for tomorrow ....watch this space :tongue-out:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
First a sorry…….sorry for not more content in the wip thread

Not been the easiest of builds…….was going to be lime green but it just wouldn’t go on right so after stripping it for the second time I grabbed a Tamiya rattle can of Honda Racing Orange and used that………….then the decals wouldn’t go on right, was going to have some large Honda panels on the tank and side covers but even with lots of microsol they wouldn’t go down, so went with the second option of ‘Ape’ decals…………….this is also a ‘push fit’….sort like a snap fit, in theory theres no need for glue (didn’t know this when I bought it!) but once you get a few coats of primer/paint on the tolerances get very tight so still ended up reaming out some locating holes and gluing it

More pics in the finished thread

210.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
That's cool, you have made a great job of it. What was the engine size on these bikes.