Paul's Matchbox GB - Wespe 1/76

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this is going to be my entry......just going to leave it here cos it will be a week or so before i can actually start

this was a bit of a cockup by Matchbox as the Wespe was never used in North Africa by the DAK.....it entered service as the Axis were thrown out of N Africa and the first of production went to the Eastern front

dscf8514.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Remember building this one as a nipper....I did mine in Panzer grey, so was as inaccurate as matchbox LOL. Thinking about it, you could do a desert scene with the Airfix Panther....that wasn’t there either.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic little kit paul , this was my first go at armour on my return to the hobby about ten years ago . I loved it , the little base and palm tree are great , and the Wespe itself is very nicely done . Cheers tony

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
this was a bit of a cockup by Matchbox as the Wespe was never used in North Africa by the DAK.....it entered service as the Axis were thrown out of N Africa and the first of production went to the Eastern front
See, that’s where you’re mistaken: thinking the diorama base represents Africa, when in fact it represents Russia!
;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
done my usual trick of cutting a hole in the hull bottom and bonding in a nut.....that way i can use a bit of threaded rod to make a temp handle

added another cos the combined weight will add a bit of weight, cos since this is so small and light it will help it to sit on the tracks a bit better

hull upper attached to lower and a Standard Calibrated Unit of Comparison to give an idea of size of this tiddler

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll grab a seat Paul.
Like that idea with the nuts .

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice start Paul and a neat idea of having the nut in for a handle:thumb2: