Pauls Universal Carrier

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im doing the Universal carrier for the Reconn GB

not sure where im going to go with this, need to do some research.......might be a European Theatre or North African, not decided

might have a go at the figures, not something i do so need the practice

sprue pics to follow once we start the GB

dscf7010.jpg

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Paul

I am a fan of the Carrier and i noticed that Hannanta are selling a set of wheels and tracks by RIich. I haven't tried them on the tamiya kit, but if they fir they would be a great improvement on the Tamiya tracks.

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul

I am a fan of the Carrier and i noticed that Hannanta are selling a set of wheels and tracks by RIich. I haven't tried them on the tamiya kit, but if they fir they would be a great improvement on the Tamiya tracks.

Peter

just looked..............zero stock and its more than i payed for this kit anyway .....thanks anyway

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul, always wanted to build the Longest Day scene with one of these. Forgotten that I have the same kit in the stash. Looking forward to seeing how yours builds up.

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Paul,

I recently took 59 walk around pics of a carrier at the Yorkshire Wartime Experience if you need them

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Might as well buy a complete Riich Models Universal Carrier instead at that point (I think I’d do that anyway if I wanted to build one of these vehicles, though).

D

Deleted member 7181

I have one of these kits on it's way to me so will follow along and see how yours builds up.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one Paul , I’ve a soft spot for the little universal / Bren carrier , I did the airfix one as a kid and remember being amazed at how small it was in 1/76! I don’t think it’ll be huge in 1/35 either!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'll follow along Paul, looks good so far.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Paul,

I recently took 59 walk around pics of a carrier at the Yorkshire Wartime Experience if you need them
Feel free to post them up on the Real McCoy section;)

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
OK Ian - didn't have time previously but I have now put them in the reference section under Armour as that seems to be a more logical and organised location for reference photos

Universal Carrier