Pavesi P4/100-300A Artillery tractor. 1/35 scale.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Now that I have set you off head scratching. Just a quikie history, Pavesi were founded in 1914, were later incorporated into Fiat, and were used by Italian, German and Hungarian forces in WW2. There is plenty of reference material online for the history officianados which makes good reading.
pavbox.jpg
So this is the beast, and is being built as part of my contribution to the MAFVA Nationals in 2020. I originally bought this kit as I was looking for something to do with WW1, little realising that it was in fact produced a lot later.
So what do you get in the box... Resin - loads of resin, and some brass etch along with different lengths of steel rod, a cd to entertain you, and help you on your way with the construction if the paper instructions are not enough. The cd also has photo's of the real machine.
pavcontents.jpg
Plus the usual instruction booklet... Well illustrated.
pavinst.jpg
I was thinking diorama for the model to sit in, but once I had been through the instructions and looked at the detail that is in the vehicle I decided that a plain base with just a patch of earth in the middle for the vehicle to stand on would allow the viewer to look at the detail rather than take their eye away from the vehicle - but then I thought, no to a wood base and decided on this....
pavbase.jpg
It still has the protective film on both sides hence the blue colour. But more of this later.
Now it is on with the build, loads of washing to start with to get rid of the release agent, so all the resin parts are going to sit in a bowl of water that has had a good dose of washing up liquid in it for a couple of days, much to SWMBO's chagrin - I do like bubbles in my water, a good long squirt and she is howling at the moon... :flushed: and the emoji just about captures the look....
So more later as the build progresses.
Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Great looking vehicle - strange but great. That is some kit. A huge part count for a resin kit. I look forward to seeing you put this together.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Wacky looking vehicle - definitely looks WW1 with those wheels

The later versions with the huge wheel/tyres similar to the Fiat Spa TL tractors make it look more modern

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Jim, Simon,
Agreed it is some vehicle, and the parts count is big. Simon, I have been trying to think about where I have seen something on this style with the wheels.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.
Well the mad rush is over and it is time to relax and take in the air...
The parts are now in a washing up liquid bath and will stay there for about 48 hours with the odd stir...
Pavwash.jpg
And yes that is washing up liquid.....
More later,
Cheers,
Mike.