pecorama- beer -devon

N

new to trains

on a weeks holiday in the area last week, i decided to spend a day at PECORAMA, in Beer in devon, - for those that have not been its perched high up overlooking the coast this is a great day out and a very good family attraction....

there is an indoor exhioition showing the possible styles and locations for a model railway in the average family home, they show loft conversions, shed type layouts, shelf layouts and all manner of possible locations around the home for a model railway, and they highlight many different scales..... add to this the outdoor displays of RC live steam Garden railway set ups and experts on hand to inform about all things DCC and the indoor section of pecorama is worth the entrance fee alone !

as it was a sunny day i was itching to get outdoors into the beatifully landscaped grounds, which feature extensive 7 and a quarter inch gauge trackwork, landscaped gardens, aviaries with exotic birds, a leisure trail and a mini golf feature..... and of course , eating and drinking venues !

so we set off for a trip on the live steam 7 and a quarter inch railway,just over a mile long we took our trip, the sun was shining the sea was blue itswas great ! we then strolled through the grounds, took loads of pictures, had a well earned bite to eat, then another trip on another steam train and then down into the pecorama shop, bought lots of N scale stuff. loaded the car and off home we went with big smiles on our faces......

the entrance fee is a little over £5 and worth every penny, so if you are ever in the area then make time, its well worth a visit.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The beer is usually in me not me in beer :smiling3: but if I'm down that way I will certainly pay it a visit, thanks for the info :smiling3:

N

new to trains

i can recommend the pub down by the seafront in beer for a beer too ! - tiny little place really- so you cant miss it !